AFIII Examples of the one or more instances of the Axe-Fx III in a mastered mix

I'm looking to find examples of mastered mixes that include one or more instances of the Axe-Fx III. Sometimes I hear it by itself and it sounds amazing, other times a bit 'sterile' or 'cold'/'brittle' and you can tell it's a digital unit. I haven't been able to spend any time with any of the Axe-Fx in person, but I know even on my cheap Equator Audio D5s there are a lot of really nice tones even in this YouTube clip for example... 59 BASSGUY (Slow Dancing In A Burning Room) is almost as nice as the original, it might even add something extra The 65 BASSGUY BASS straight after that is excellent as well. There's alot of really nice tones in just this one video, but I'm wondering how the Axe-Fx III would sound in a final mastered mix?

I've probably walked past a lot of good equipment because it didn't sound nice by itself, and bought equipment because of how great it sounded by itself and not how it would sound after being mixed and mastered.

I figure if I'm going to spend ~AUD$4000 on something it'd want to be perfect for what I want to do on stage and while recording and I'm thinking it could be. Just want to hear it 'in the mix' now! :D

Back
Top Bottom