Example of how to get 32 steps in the arpeggiator

javajunkie

Normally the pitch arpeggiator only has 16 steps which can be limiting on some sequences. Thanks to Bakerman's idea to use a square LFO, I was able to get 2 pitch blocks in series to do a 32 step pattern. This patch needs to be tweaked for your own use. I have spent much time on it tone wise. However, several people asked to see how it was done.

Basically, you have 2 pitch blocks set to arpeggio in series. You set up the pattern sequence with the first 16 steps in pitch 1, the 2nd 16 in pitch 2. Set your tempo on both to the subdivision to the shortest note value you are going to use. For example, if the shortest value is a 16th note, then use 1/16. Set your scale to the key and scale you want.

On the Run parameter of pitch block 1 attach the LFO 1B modifier.
On the Run parameter of pitch block 2 attach the LFO 1A modifier.

Go to the controllers section set lfo 1 tempo to the amount of steps you are using / the tempo subdivision. so I am using 32 steps of 1/16th in this example so I set the lfo 1 tempo to 2. In other words it will complete the entire pattern in 2 measures and play 32 notes in that time.

Set Output B phase to 180

I allow attach an envelope controller to the run modifier of LFO 1. This triggers the sequence from the beginning any time I stop and start playing again.

View attachment More Than Body.syx

haaaa.... that's really clever.....
jeez how do you guys come up with that sort of config...
it's nuts...

Wow this is awesome news, I hit the 16 stage limit on the weekend and wondered if there was a way to axpand it.

Awesome, can't wait to check this out !

very cool, Ive been fiddling around a lot with the arpeggiator, lateley. I have no idea what Im doing, but I was goofing with the violin patch, which is awesome; and stumbled on the arpegg. mode. Thanks much. I was trying to add a phaser or auto wah to the arpegg. sorta trying to get the WHO kinda vibe. I dont know anything about lfo's and such, anybody got a who are you type patch?

Accoding to the manual the Pitch Arpeggiator uses a 32-step sequencer already, see par. 5.24.8.
Is the manual wrong or do I just don't understand it?

Accoding to the manual the Pitch Arpeggiator uses a 32-step sequencer already, see par. 5.24.8.
Is the manual wrong or do I just don't understand it?

Yeah, that is an error in the manual. It is 16 steps. 32 for the sequencer though.

Great idea. But you could also just modify the pitch steps of an intelligent harmony pitch block with the sequencer controller instead of using the arpeggiator. Saves a pitch block for crystals that way ;)

Back
Top Bottom