Exam

Cobrango

Power User

1/3 of my exam at school. I will not recommend this combination of improvisation and nervousness, hence the 1/3 of my concert :D I even forgot the titles of the tracks I've made myself, lol. lucky enough to remember my name. the sound is out of sync too, bah.

using firmware 10.05 and I did face some kind of bug. The looper is choughing when I change presets. I made sure all of the presets included the same type of looper. Maybe there is no way around this. It does not stay in time because there is a litte lag in what's already playing when I change to another preset.

the track I'm playing in the video is called rollercoaster and now it's on my soundcloud too:

enjoy! or at least try to.. It's not that good because I was too nervous. meh!

Last edited:
Haha... it's cool to be able to study something like this. Almost like you study Axe-Fx. :D

About the soloing. I consider myself... someone who enjoys weird scales but that was maybe a bit chromatic at times. :) It's interesting for sure. I've been "studying" what kind of music people can get hooked on etc. so I'm not sure if this is it but keep doing your thing man! :)

thank you for your answer Clark Kent! I really appreciate answers! For you taking your time to write, about something I've done. I really enjoy that!

Yeah the description says it all. I was way too nervous! One can hear me thinking about what to play, hehe. Thank you for finding it interesting! <3

I see of notes more and more as tension, more so than "wrong notes".

Honestly I couldn't watch the whole thing. I get horrific stage fright and I just felt really uncomfortable knowing that you were going through the same thing. Kind of like why I could never get into the medical field; I believe the word is empathy.

Kudos to you for even getting up there and pushing through your fear. That's something I haven't been able to to do to this day.

Thank you very much! Actually I'm pretty comfortable "in the spotlight", I kind of like being on a stage and talking to a big group of people. I just need to feel safe and confident about the subject. I think the nervousness came because this was an exam. To improvise on an exam.. had a way bigger effect on me than what I thought it would. It just was not my day. I had only slept for 2 hours the night before. My body and stomach always get crazy when it comes to exams. It's like I'm killing myself softly because I know I now have to deliver the goods. My body does not like that kind of pressure and give me physical reactions in return. My brain loves it though : "Improvise? ON MY EXAM??? yeah I love it! That's as crazy as it gets, perfect! I say we do!" and then my body goes all "well I can't stop you, but I can try! Here, have some dizzyness! and some sickness! muhaha!" lol.

Life - the ongoing war between body and mind.

Last edited:
Yeah, you were a little funfed up, but mainly the rhythm was the issue. You were a little too loose, and it sounded like a jam rather than an improvisation.

The chromaticism was pretty decent, particularly given the accompaniment. Keep it Chrom!

Back
Top Bottom