EWI Shock Rack Case?

My church orders their 22" deep, 16 space shock rock for the portable campus rigs. I have had my eye on one ever since I saw theirs. Most racks are anywhere from 16"-18" deep. I believe the Kriz Kraft cases have a standard rackable depth of 20" unless you custom order some deviation from their standard. Of course because the lids are recessed, the depth of the case ends up being similar to an 18" rackable depth case with surface mounted lids. So, the EWI 22" deep "amp" shock rack is very deep with the covers on. You've got to be sure you have the means to transport such a deep case. They have detailed outside dimension info on their website.

The quality is very good. I bought a 12-space, non-shock case from another site, and the workmanship was shoddy compared to the quality I've observed with the EWI cases, the church has. Little things like deburring the extrusions, and not leaving any rivet shafts partially protruding from the center of the rivets -- I've cut myself on those while handling the case in and out of the van. EWI cases don't have those flaws, so I'm going to order one when I can.

As for the depth, I'm leaning towards the 22" depth, so that I can organize the cables like an IT cabinet, and so I can put really deep shelves in it, to fit more stomp boxes on a shelf, or deeper drawers, to store more stuff.

The quality is very good. I bought a 12-space, non-shock case from another site, and the workmanship was shoddy compared to the quality I've observed with the EWI cases, the church has. Little things like deburring the extrusions, and not leaving any rivet shafts partially protruding from the center of the rivets -- I've cut myself on those while handling the case in and out of the van. EWI cases don't have those flaws, so I'm going to order one when I can.

I'm confused with your first statement. Whose quality is shoddy compared to the EWI cases?

I have this rack, and there are sharp burrs all over it! I have been cut, and my helpers have been cut. Furthermore, I have to forcibly screw into each rack hole, to ream it to proper size. I ruined 20 screws in the process of prepping it for use. On the plus side, the casters are REALLY good, and it is super easy to roll and get over thresholds with the big wheels.

Rack Case | 12 Space Rack with Casters / Wheels | 19" Case

Of course, I never fly, and I am personally always involved any time it is moved, loaded, or transported. So, my rack doesn't need to be super tough, but I just want a shock rack! So, I'll be getting one from EWI when I can.

I bought a 10 space non shock EWI, super solid rack heavy as hell though lol. I was going to go for the shock mount but I also don't gig so I saw no reason for it. Need to get wheels for it though when I finally get the jam space set up.

Back
Top Bottom