EVH The Flying Dutchman

GuttaLaser

Power User
Ok new FW11 new AxeEdit 3... and here is my first tryout.
Starting from the stock EVH Circa 1982 preset... tweacked at my taste auditioning direct from AXEFXII out 1 through KRK V8 (80W near/mid field mixing monitors).
There are CHO FLG PHA options and the idea is to get that fx post AMP/CAB and a stright line of uneffetcted sound.
Tweacked more the reverb (changed the stock with a medium plate) with a short delay in front of it.
A line with the moduation FXs and the reverb is 100% wet (the rev is panned all left.
To me sound very very spot (even with my Strat with a SC SSL1 Seymour Duncan; best of the best with my Charvel EVH with the custom '78 model from Seymour Duncan) on the EVH sound and it's a multipurpose patch for many EVH's tunes (use the vol on the guitar - aka "TONE" for Eddie - for more control).

Downloadable from Axe Exchange "EVH The Flying Dutchman"

Let me know if you like it and your think about it.

Enjoy! :encouragement:

Wow, the best VH patch I've downloaded so far. Awesome dynamics. Many thanks for sharing. I've played VH for hours with your patch.... My wife is getting insane !!! :eek:

TNX Man! I'm very happy you like it!!! :encouragement: (upsss... and... my apologize to you wife! :lol )
I'm trying some new cabs for that patch to get more "tump" and pick sound... stay tuned ;)

Just got a chance to try this with my Epi Elitist 61 SG with the 78 Model in the Bridge position and my Peavy Wolfi, good work dude, translates very well, a difinite keeper. Can't remember exactly which Cab I used to replaced the one that was in there but it was one of the new OH mixes (have to check later), fattend it up a bit, a little more in the face.

Thanks man!

Yeaahh!!
TNX ppl.
I'm testing some 3rd parts cabs too! I think the "magic mojo" is one of the new OH vintage mix. But there are many options of speakers and mics combo and maybe the perfect recipe is a stereo cabs with 2 different cabs (maybe a mix of vintage and modern).
I also noticed that tweacking the cabs parametres (even on IRs that have the mics "embebbed" in the wave) is an very effective way to change the tone. So a good approach i think is to select a bunch of preferite cabs and then to try the best combo/mix.

It takes time to download, later audition and get back to ya... but thanks for the idea so far...

Back
Top Bottom