EVH over compressed preset??? helppppp....

He all.. im a newbie here but not to playing / programming ect.. I bought axe ll xl 2 weeks ago and still cant find this one tone i need. however i know it goes there as I have witnessed it live by 2 separate players!!!.. im looking for a EVH over compressed ...pinch a harmonic that u can bend around the block and back.. with 0 noise and total control preset. and a straight up 80s big hair preset like dokken or ratt... any.. and i mean any help would be much appreciated.. thanks

:roll

EVH tone is all... but overcompressed!
the only thing I can say is... search your way with your new (and for now wasted) Axe XL

i know it goes there as I have witnessed it live by 2 separate players!!!..
Ah yes, that is correct...the earlier stuff:
Runnin' with the Devil

Eruption
You Really Got Me
Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love

Jamie's Cryin' - the intro rhm gtr, helps gives the depths of hell..coupled w/ that heavy Reverb Ed now hates

Feel Your Love Tonight - helps give the pops on the low E
Little Dreamer - " "

You're No Good...Dance the Night Away...Where've All Good Times Gone

? What songs did you witness being played?

Last edited:
Try different presets from Axe-change and maybe a couple cab paks (3,5,7) from the Fractal store. I dont use many stock cabs, and I take other peoples presets and change out the cab or adjust things to my liking. Its a little bit of a challenge at first but once you find what you like it gets easier to get what your looking for. Read the forum and manual often and try to see what other people are doing. Enjoy the learning curve and good luck!

Back
Top Bottom