EVH new 5150 Series 2021

Chewie5150

Fractal Fanatic
This just popped up on my youtube feed this morning. Man I really dig these guitars actually. I have a RWB striped with the fenderish headstock that surprisingly i play a lot more than my 'nicer/more expensive' guitars. It's just so fun to play and the neck is perfect for my hands. This may be old news and I can't keep up with all the EVH gear. I think for the price of these guitars they are exceptional. I'm really lovin the Poplar Burl top showcased around the 1:03 mark in the vid

I saw this in my YT feed yesterday and really love the way these guitars look. I'd buy one in a heart beat if I didn't already have a couple of guitars that don't get that much play. I like the 5150 striped guitar too. I'd probably have the pickups re-wired to get a split coil option but maybe not. I already have guitars that do that.

The kill-switch is cool... and that's where my excitement stops.
Those look extremely boring, solid colors, no binding, no small details.

The name is a bit, well confusing. So everything is "5150" now?

On my EVH that has the d-tuna stock, it's fairly stable but a bit finnicky to setup. I may have to adjust my spring tension as when i got from drop D to E the G string does go off a few cents

He should have never left EBMM(is"that"story true?). The guy at Peavey who was in charge of making Wolfgangs admits they could not match EBMM quality.
I remember first time I saw and picked up an ebmm evh back around 95. unreal. why i bought my Axis few years later. I wish I bought the EVH one when i had the chance.

He should have never left EBMM(is"that"story true?). The guy at Peavey who was in charge of making Wolfgangs admits they could not match EBMM quality.
There was a personal reason (can't tell you here) but PV made his amp already and they jumped in and said they would build whatever he wanted.

I’m always looking for ways to be able to get into Drop D more easily. Kinda wanna try a D-tuna. Is there any other way to do instant Drop D without a Floyd rose bridge? And not talking about modeled tunings either since I have a variax and use that but still wonder about other ways. These aren’t so expensive either. I had an EVH Wolfgang standard not too long ago and wasn’t in love with it. But these look more strat like and a kill switch would be cool. Would love the maple board but the neon pink too much for me lol. How much maintenance would this bridge and D-tuna need? If Not so much I might be willing to sell a couple guitars to try this

Last edited:
I want to post photos of the build quality here, but it seems like I would be only be cheapening the value of my guitar.
.. I play it the most, feels the best out of the guitars I have.

I’m always looking for ways to be able to get into Drop D more easily. Kinda wanna try a D-tuna. Is there any other way to do instant Drop D without a Floyd rose bridge? And not talking about modeled tunings either since I have a variax and use that but still wonder about other ways. These aren’t so expensive either. I had an EVH Wolfgang standard not too long ago and wasn’t in love with it. But these look more strat like and a kill switch would be cool. Would love the maple board but the neon pink too much for me lol. How much maintenance would this bridge and D-tuna need? If Not so much I might be willing to sell a couple guitars to try this
Yep...keep a guitar in dropped D 😋

I've been researching the D-Tuna lately to add to one of my guitars that already has a Floyd. I haven't figured out what method of stabilization I want to go with yet. You have to stabilize the Floyd so you can't pull up or the tuning gets a little off when move into E or drop to D. From what I've read, you tune in D and then slide the D-Tuna 'in' to go to E. There's a small hex nut on the side that you tweak to fine tune. I haven't read that many complaints. The Floyd's on the EVH guitars rest on the body, so there's no pulling up. My guitars don't rest on the body so I need a stabilizer.

I'm looking at the "Tremol-no". But I've read mixed reviews on that.

A Hip Shot may be what you're looking for if you want a fixed bridge. I believe it's installed on the tuner at the headstock. The bass players love them too when they're slappin' da bass.

Back
Top Bottom