EVH fans, check this out! (5153 amp & new OH 412 EDVH pre-rola greenbacks)

Guitarjon

Fractal Fanatic
Hi everyone! :)

Today I'm really excited because OwnHammer has released the new 412 EDVH dual speaker library featuring pre-rola M20 and M25 speakers and blends of both.
I'm a huge fan of the EVH amps and speakers so this is a true delight.
This release sounds so damn good as you'll hopefully hear in my demo.

The incredible 5153 amp models in the Axe FX are among my favorite amp models so I had to combine those with the new IR's and I'm just amazed by the sound.
I wanted to make an 80's rock tune inspired by bands such as Van Halen, David Lee Roth, Vai and Motley Crue but with a modern twist tonally.
This is my first hair metal track ever so I do hope you guys enjoy.

The guitar I used is my PRS SE Torero with EMG pickups and a Floyd Rose.
It's a great guitar for tunes like this.

I hope you have a great weekend!

Cheers!

Picture-91.jpg

Production is top notch! What DAW are you using and do you have a favorite compressor plug-in?

Thank you!
Thanks!
I'm using Cubase 8.5 on my W10 PC.
I mostly use Slate Digital plugins so I tend to use their compressors mostly.
I don't really have favorites because I use them all.

Thanks!
I'm using Cubase 8.5 on my W10 PC.
I mostly use Slate Digital plugins so I tend to use their compressors mostly.
I don't really have favorites because I use them all.

I didn't know that Slate made a compressor, I'll have to check that out. I'm currently using his drum samples. The way you're able to get the tone so loud and punchy while still being clean is impressive so I was thinking I either need to update my DAW (from Sonar 8 Producer) or my compressor suite.

Thanks!

Last edited:
I've had a go at those ir's in my rehearsel room this afternoon Jon - wow... tried some different amp models with them - They just awesome - my SLO 100 and my Plexi 100 Jump sounded very alive. You can use them with any amp I think. :D

Production is top notch! What DAW are you using and do you have a favorite compressor plug-in?

Thank you!
I have to agree. His productions are really fantastic sounding.

@Guitarjon, how do you lay down the drum tracks? Are you using loops and modifying them, or do you lay them down manually, or with an e-kit? I already saw the Youtube video you posted on mixing drum tracks. It really is amazing how much difference a good drum track makes in bringing the tune to life. Dying to know...

I have to agree. His productions are really fantastic sounding.

@Guitarjon, how do you lay down the drum tracks? Are you using loops and modifying them, or do you lay them down manually, or with an e-kit? I already saw the Youtube video you posted on mixing drum tracks. It really is amazing how much difference a good drum track makes in bringing the tune to life. Dying to know...

I always just type the drum tracks by hand in the cubase drum editor.
When I've established a groove for a part I usually just copy that when the same part comes back but I like to do subtle edits here and there and change drums fills to make stuff less predictable.
Listening to drummers and practising a lot helped me because I can't really drum myself.
Also, if you don't play drums, ask for a friend drummer to comment on your programmed drums.
That can help you discover things you otherwise may not have noticed.

I always just type the drum tracks by hand in the cubase drum editor.
When I've established a groove for a part I usually just copy that when the same part comes back but I like to do subtle edits here and there and change drums fills to make stuff less predictable.
Listening to drummers and practising a lot helped me because I can't really drum myself.
Also, if you don't play drums, ask for a friend drummer to comment on your programmed drums.
That can help you discover things you otherwise may not have noticed.
Knowing those tracks aren't a live drummer, it's obvious that you've spent the time and expended the effort to lay down some awesome drum tracks!

You certainly achieved your goal. It was reminiscent of DLR's "Eat 'Em and Smile." Fantastic writing and playing!

Back
Top Bottom