EVH Balance tone?

Updated my patch and added a clip for reference. I used the song "Don't Tell Me" to jam over. I couldn't find a decent backing track for this song so I just used the original track and lowered the volume and panned it to the left. My track is over the top on both sides 'cause the patch is stereo. But you can hear it by itself at the end when the song fades out. Excuse the mistakes, I just did this for a quick reference.

Recorded direct using SPDIF. Guitar: Musicman Axis (what else? :lol:)

The patch uses 2 cabs.
Cab1-Hi-res (user slot 3) Redwire mixed IR
Marshall 1960A-G12M's Mix R121-sm57-boc

Marshall1960A-G12Ms-R121-CapEdge-2in.wav,0.486
Marshall1960A-G12Ms-SM57-CapEdge-2in.wav,0.486
Marshall1960A-G12Ms-D6-BackCab-0in.wav,0.028

Cab2 Stereo (user slot 7)
5150-Sheffield1200s-TAB57-Cone-0_5in

[attachment=0:1549axfb]EVH - Balance.syx[/attachment:1549axfb]

Attachments

• EVH - Balance.syx
    2 KB · Views: 257
Last edited:
Axisman, your tone sounds great!

However I'm not able to reproduce it perfectly on my Ultra since I can't exactly understand which custom IRs you've used.

The patch uses 2 cabs.

I have the Redwire BigBox Boudle: are these cabs included? Where could I find them? Thanks!

yanowsky said:
Axisman, your tone sounds great!

However I'm not able to reproduce it perfectly on my Ultra since I can't exactly understand which custom IRs you've used.

The patch uses 2 cabs.

I have the Redwire BigBox Boudle: are these cabs included? Where could I find them? Thanks!
Thanks Yanowsky, To see if you have these cabs just look in your BigBox folder and scroll through the listed cabs you have, should see the 5150 and the Marshall1960A-G12Ms. You'll need to use the online mixer on the Redwire site to make the mixed IR used in cab1. Just copy and paste my mix recipe in my previous post to the online mixer and click on mix then click on wav and or AXE-FX Sysex and save to your computer. Hope that gets you in the ball park.

I made a patch of that tone using a slo100 with moderate gain but not crazy. and i just put some chorus on it. I know that eddy uses a detune effect on that album but i didnt get that far into it.

I play my rig through a artsla2 and 2 412s in stereo so no cab sims for me. in fact i have poweramp sims off too for that. Im thinking of redoing it with poweramp sims on to see if i can get it even closer but its really close now.

funny thing is I started out trying to make a george lynch patch and ended up with an evh balance or forunlwfulcarnalknowledge patch.

This threads getting me back in Eddie mode, LOL.
I'll try to build another one here real soon and I'll post it up. :)

Ok, here's an updated patch of the EVH Balance tone era. I used the SLO instead of the 5150 sim supposedly that was what Eddie used on MOST of that album. If I'm incorrect on that, please chime in. :)
This is the recipe I used in user slot 10
EVH1 Greenback SM57 Mix

Marshall1960A-G12Ms-SM57-Cone-2in.wav,0.50
Marshall1960A-G12Ms-SM57-CapEdgeOffAxis-2in.wav,0.50

Attachments

• EVH - Balance(SLO).syx
    2 KB · Views: 117
This a great patch! I'm using the stock V30 in Cab L with a R121 Cond mic & the Marshall1960A-G12Ms-SM57-CapEdgeOffAxis-2in in Cab R & it is sounding amazing through the QSC K12. Thanks for posting! Time to revisit the Balance album.

Sweet! Yeah, That was a great album. Too bad they couldn't keep it together 'cause they really smoked on that tour!

Back
Top Bottom