EVH announces 3 new Eruption 78' replica guitars

No kidding. I noticed there was a tour relic'd Wolfgang (not played on tour nor owned by ed) that has an anvil case, case candy and an autographed COA.. It was $14k. So I'm guessing the Super 78 will be what, $20k+?

*Edit* Damn, found the prices in the Spec Sheet.

'78 Eruption MSRP: $7878.78
'78 Eruption Relic MSRP: $12500.00
Super 78 MSRP: $25000.00

Last edited:
The real fun is in building your own Frankenstrat. These may look more like the original, you will lack the building fun and at those prices you're far more likely to be putting it behind glas then actually play it. Let along gig with it.

Personally I like the Frankenstrat more when it was painted red with a Floyd Rose.

No kidding. I noticed there was a tour relic'd Wolfgang (not played on tour nor owned by ed) that has an anvil case, case candy and an autographed COA.. It was $14k. So I'm guessing the Super 78 will be what, $20k+?

*Edit* Damn, found the prices in the Spec Sheet.

'78 Eruption MSRP: $7878.78
'78 Eruption Relic MSRP: $12500.00
Super 78 MSRP: $25000.00

Mother of Chrome! And I thought Mattocasters from Manson were crazy expensive.

$25,000 for a guitar that Ed played on that looks just like the orignal, should be a great investment! When he kicks it will be worth 10X that I'll bet.

$25k for a guitar he built for maybe a few hundred. Outstanding.
“Period correct case candy...” Does it come w/ an ounce of coke and some Schlitz? Asking for a friend.

lol - Meet and Greet with some Coke and a Smile?

(Just because it's late and I can't sleep - not related to the above statement)

I noticed there are a few Fender/EVH Franekstrat replicas up for grabs now (reverb/ebay). They're priced at $25k (original MSRP) and less - obo. I guess some people are trying to resale to buy the new Super 78?

Fender Custom Shop/EVH Brand Frankenstrat Replica: $25,000 - 300 Made

'78 Eruption MSRP: $7,878.78
'78 Eruption Relic MSRP: $12,500.00
Super 78 MSRP: $25,000.00

Gene Simmons Vault: Meet and Greet in your area $2000
Gene Simmons Vault: Total Home Experience $50,000
Gene Simmons Stage Played Bass Experiences: $5000 to $15,000

Are there other Rockstar "Experiences" packages or memorabilia that equal these?

40 year anniversary of VH and all we get is limited edition guitar? 80 units??? I want a reunion with Michael!!!! Typical vh brothers

I'll one up you. How about a reunion with Dave and Michael but with the understanding that Dave will actually TRY to do the Roth era vocals and melodies. I understand not being able to recreate something you did in your youth later in life. But it's like he's currently taken on a whole new persona live and doesn't even attempt to recreate the melodies. Blows my mind.

I think I'd still prefer quality concert footage of VH's golden years.

VH have been guilty of milking the cash cows for awhile now. When they play live the VIP packages can run over $1000 per ticket. I'm assuming they're confident these will sell, otherwise they might make them a bit more reasonable. I've got my frankenstrat (in spirit) via a Jackson Adrian Smith, so I don't really need to have an exact replica. They look cool, but not $7.5K+ cool.

People are actually going to buy that crap?
Some people have way to much money and like VH way to much! Personally I think that (most) of those guitars are going to be bought by investors. A few will be the wealthy rabid fan but your average person doesn't have that kind of expendable income.

lol - Meet and Greet with some Coke and a Smile?

(Just because it's late and I can't sleep - not related to the above statement)

I noticed there are a few Fender/EVH Franekstrat replicas up for grabs now (reverb/ebay). They're priced at $25k (original MSRP) and less - obo. I guess some people are trying to resale to buy the new Super 78?

Fender Custom Shop/EVH Brand Frankenstrat Replica: $25,000 - 300 Made

'78 Eruption MSRP: $7,878.78
'78 Eruption Relic MSRP: $12,500.00
Super 78 MSRP: $25,000.00

Gene Simmons Vault: Meet and Greet in your area $2000
Gene Simmons Vault: Total Home Experience $50,000
Gene Simmons Stage Played Bass Experiences: $5000 to $15,000

Are there other Rockstar "Experiences" packages or memorabilia that equal these?
I’m doing the Zakk Wylde meet and greet when he comes with Ozzy in September. Got the Ozzy meet and greet as well. The Zakk meet and greet is pretty cool. They email you a few weeks before the show and you get to choose from 2 of his new Wylde Audio guitars. Whichever you pick he’ll play on stage that night, meet you after the show and sign it and take a pic with you.

I’m doing the Zakk Wylde meet and greet when he comes with Ozzy in September. Got the Ozzy meet and greet as well. The Zakk meet and greet is pretty cool. They email you a few weeks before the show and you get to choose from 2 of his new Wylde Audio guitars. Whichever you pick he’ll play on stage that night, meet you after the show and sign it and take a pic with you.
That sounds way cool @bishop5150! Be sure and post a pic here! Ed has kind of let me down the last several years. He and Al seem to be "in it for the money" and kind of forget about the fans now. Very disappointing. I have also been disappointed in the EVH guitars. The amps are great! The guitars have been hit and miss at least for me. I finally gave up on them and am strictly a Paul Reed Smith guy with the exception of a vintage Les Paul Standard and a couple of vintage Hamers (one of which that I actually received from Paul Hamer himself!). I also went to see Van Halen live on the 2008 reunion tour and was disappointed. Ed was good as usual, but he just didn't have the same passion he used to have in the early days (I saw them on every tour from 1980 until Roth left). Wolfie was great for a 17 year old kid. Roth kind of stunk up the arena.

Back
Top Bottom