Darki

Hey everyone,
Since last update (Ares1.03), I haven't been able to use the ADSR since it's settings don't appear to change, it looks just like LFO settings.
I noticed every modifier has the same settings too. This used to happen before this update, but just in the Axe-edit, in the Axe I was able to use everything regularly.
Please tell me I just have some wrong settings or something like that?
I really love to mess with these modifiers, and I'm really sad.
Bests
Darki

If you able to operate the LFOs and ADSR modifiers on the axe fx itself then this is a issue with axe edit and needs to be updated, or if it is up to date, a bug needs to be reported

It happens in the axe fx too... Some settings are hidden and I can only have access to them if I go to the controllers menu... How do I report a bug? And is there anyway to fix this?

Last edited:
Hey everyone,
Since last update (Ares1.03), I haven't been able to use the ADSR since it's settings don't appear to change, it looks just like LFO settings.
I noticed every modifier has the same settings too.
Please show an example of this with a picture at least. I don’t understand what “looks just like” refers to.

You're confusing the modifier screen with the ADSR controller screen.

The 3rd picture you posted is the ADSR controller and shows the "shape" of the ADSR. The shape of the ADSR will change in the controller screen.

The modifier screen represents different information.

Watch the "ball" movement in the modifier screen as the ADSR runs.

i'm not understanding what you're expecting to see. this all looks normal to me.

i see a picture of something from Amp 1 being controlled by the ADSR, then the ADSR settings, then i see something controlled by the Sequencer and the Sequencer settings.

what here "looks the same" to you? what should it be showing instead? this all looks normal.

I was so sure the two windows looked the same before updating, maybe you're right and I'm just confusing both things... But can you explain to me how the modifier and controller are different? Why do the modifier settings exist? Shouldn't it go straight to the controller settings?

I was so sure the two windows looked the same before updating, maybe you're right and I'm just confusing both things... But can you explain to me how the modifier and controller are different? Why do the modifier settings exist? Shouldn't it go straight to the controller settings?
A modifier is what is assigned to control a parameter. The controller itself might be "simple" like an expression pedal, which by itself is merely a straight line... No other shape without the settings in the modifier page.

Yes, I've read it, and it makes sense to me on the examples they talk about, the expression pedal and the wah, but what would you use the modifier curve for when the controller is an adsr?

Yes, I've read it, and it makes sense to me on the examples they talk about, the expression pedal and the wah, but what would you use the modifier curve for when the controller is an adsr?
same things. or don't use it. it's just there to adjust the graph curve. you don't need to use it if you don't want to.

Put simply, a modifier latches to a parameter in a block such as drive, mix, time etc. The modifier comes with settings regarding the shape of the curve, intensity, start and stop points ( the minimum and maximum you want to allow the parameter to move) you can also set a delay time to smooth the parameters change in position. Any parameter in a block with <-> can be assigned to its own modifier with its own entirely independent group of modifier settings. A Modifier needs to respond to an input control of some sort. It needs to be told when to move.

This is where the controller is plays a role. You can choose which controller is used at the top of each modifier menu. Controllers are Global across the preset but not global to the axe fx. Each preset has its own entirely separate controller settings.

The controller is the LFO, the envelope, the ADSR envelope, the pitch controlled envelope which moves the modifier. Each controller has its own settings.

You asked what purpose to have settings on both. A simple example you are creating an effect where you want two parallel filters to sweep a low cut shape and the same time but in an apprising fashion. You would attach the frequency of one filter to a modifier setting the controller to LFO 1, Setting the minimum to 0 and the maximum to 100 Then on the other filter you would set the frequency to a modifier setting the controller to LFO 1, Setting a minimum to 100 and the maximum to 0. Now when you change the speed, shape, depth of the LFO one controller, the behaviour of the frequency parameters in the two filters will correspond to LFO1 controller however the frequency of each with be in out of phase by 180 degrees. (When one is high the other is low) This is just a simple idea I just thought of obviously with something like this there are many many options.

I hope this is all clear for you

Back
Top Bottom