AFIII EVERY Axe-Fx III Amp in 263 Famous Riffs (and gear giveaway contest!)

Sounds great!
How do you choose cabs for each amp? Is there a list somewhere of what combinations of amp/cab was used?

Great as always Cooper.

I'm terrible at remembering song names so I hope you'll give us a spreadsheet as you did years ago alongside the Axe Fx II videos (Did you? I kinda remember you gave the songs list in a excel format but I might be wrong).

Great as always Cooper.

I'm terrible at remembering song names so I hope you'll give us a spreadsheet as you did years ago alongside the Axe Fx II videos (Did you? I kinda remember you gave the songs list in a excel format but I might be wrong).

When the contest ends Monday night, I'll be putting up the entire list, yeah!

Any chance of updating the list with each of the patch and scene numbers used for the songs.....? You really nailed some nice match-ups (very inspiring) and having bought the packs yesterday it would be an awesome cheat sheet as folks go through the zillion amazing options included in Austin’s pack.

Great job Cooper.

My band members and I sat and watched both videos with an eye on song ideas... and my drummer asked a question that I should have asked: Given the range of tunes you quoted, how long have you been playing and at what age did you start?

Great video to demo the possibilities of the axe as well as AB's amazing patches.

I have 2 questions. Is the Austin pack essentially the same for the III as for the II? Are the presets present in both the same sounds? And Cooper, did you tweak the amps for the video at all? I notice, for example, the USA amp clips you play have much more gain than the amp pack preset, even if I use my JP15. Thanks for any info anyone has!

I have 2 questions. Is the Austin pack essentially the same for the III as for the II? Are the presets present in both the same sounds? And Cooper, did you tweak the amps for the video at all? I notice, for example, the USA amp clips you play have much more gain than the amp pack preset, even if I use my JP15. Thanks for any info anyone has!

Eliju, I can take part of this question. The basic "naked amps" sounds that are in the 700+ TonePack for the Ax8/Axe-Fx (XL, XL+, II) are also replicated in the 1000+ TonePack for the Ax-Fx III (although i may have used a better fit cab for them), BUT the Axe-Fx III 1000+ TonePack has more tones per amp through scenes, and makes more use of the 2048 available Factory Cabs.

The 700+ TonePack is great to sketch out each amp, but more limited than the 1000+ TonePack in terms of laying out different tone options per amp. So, in the video, Cooper is using tones that may not be in the 700+ pack but are all in the 1000+ pack.

@ccroyalsenders Cooper can take the rest, but my understanding is he left the amp sounds alone "as is" but may have added some effects here and there to replicate the Riff (flanger/chorus on Rush, Police, etc.).

How can I download the two videos to my iPhone to listen to them offline on my long flight ahead?

EDIT: done!

Last edited:
How can I download the two videos to my iPhone to listen to them offline on my long flight ahead?

@yek, Try Google YouTube to MP4 converter (I can't do this as I'm in an office network with restrictions), there are a couple of sites which just ask for the YouTube URL and then downloads the video to your computer. Once downloaded you can dump it to your phone using whatever your preferred method is (I don't know what phone/computer you have, but for me I have an iPhone and I use BuzzPlayer to watch MP4 files).

EDIT: Or ask Cooper for the original files. :)

Reactions: yek
Wow. Somehow missed this when it was first posted. Great job, Coop. This really does show how wide the range of tones can be with the III.

This is really an infomercial on the Axe FX and why it is actually inexpensive to own.

Back
Top Bottom