AFIII Every Amp Based on Mesa/Boogie - 37 Dream Theater Riffs

This is a great demonstration, there is definitely a few Mesa models that I need to spend some time with such as the Triple Crest and Sub Blues rather than just sticking to my usual Mark or USA Lead favorites.

On a separate note I am intrigued as to where you have your Input Trim set as my Majesty 6 & 7 are higher output than the JP's and I find the latter easier to dial in for some reason.

This is a great demonstration, there is definitely a few Mesa models that I need to spend some time with such as the Triple Crest and Sub Blues rather than just sticking to my usual Mark or USA Lead favorites.

On a separate note I am intrigued as to where you have your Input Trim set as my Majesty 6 & 7 are higher output than the JP's and I find the latter easier to dial in for some reason.
Are you referring to trim in the amp block or the unit input itself? I leave and have always left my actual input level at default. This usually comes as a surprise on the forum, especially given I often go from Cutlasses to Majesties.

Fractal units are so quiet internally that I don't worry so much about SNR on my guitar.

As far as input trim on the actual amp block, all of the tones in this video are more or less factory defaults, but I do remember bumping a few up to 1.1 or 1.2 on the input trim of the amp block to compensate when I wasn't using the Majesty. Those pickups are pretty red hot.

Also, hell yeah, the Sub Blues is one of my picks for most underappreciated models in the unit. @FractalAudio made something beautiful with that one.

Excellent
just missing the presets ;)

They're all factory presets, more or less. I made a few gain adjustments between the guitars, and of course, there are a few amps that don't have a factory preset (i.e. the Try Axes preset doesn't include every channel, etc.). In that case, though, I just swapped them into the factory one.

Back
Top Bottom