Eventide Micropitch

Dino334

Inspired
Have this been discussed on here yet? I can’t image the AxeFx3 not being able to produce the same thing.
Pete Thorn did a video a short while back on this pedal.

UPDATE….ok just watched the video. Basically detune which us axefx users have been using for quite a while. Regard a decent video to watch

Last edited:
Have this been discussed on here yet? I can’t image the AxeFx3 not being able to produce the same thing.
Pete Thorn did a video a short while back on this pedal.

UPDATE….ok just watched the video. Basically detune which us axefx users have been using for quite a while. Regard a decent video to watch

Essentially, all of those come from the H3000, a preset called Micropitch. You can actually buy the H3000 Plugin (I got it for $99 at some point on sale), or buy the SoundToys Microshift (same, but much quicker to dial). The owner of Soundtoys worked at Eventide and was one of the key contributors to developing a lot of these units.

For the Axe FX, you want to use the Pitch Block, and make a blend of your dry signal, the Left Signal tuned down, and the Right signal tuned up. If I'm not mistaking, it's 9 cents. Also, check out the ENHANCER block. It does a very similar thing, and it sounds a little better in some contexts, specially the MODERN type.

Yes, Micropitch is simply a +9, -9 detune. I think the right side has a miniscule amount of delay and the effect preferably should be put in parallel. But I will say that the Eventide definitely has a specific sound and the Axe Fx is about 95% of the way there.

I have an H9 and I set the dual detune block to the same settings as in the H3000 preset. They sound basically identical. Just need to tweak the high and low cut a bit and they sound exact.

Back
Top Bottom