Eventide H90, FRACTAL WHERE ARE YOU???

Status
Not open for further replies.
So disappointing to me to realize that the H90 really is not much more than 2 H9‘s.
I don’t necessarily think it’s an embarrassment and a joke-
that would just be rude to anyone who needed and bought one and foolish in general.
But I dont know what to think Now.

When I seen the price and what it looked like and heard how good it sounded I figured it had to be closer to the Eventide Eclipse which is their 2 decades old entry-level rack unit.
Or better yet I was hoping that the H90 naming meant it had a few legit effects from the H9000.

I totally forgot about the H9 because I always knew better than to buy one of those things-
The pedal effects are totally different watered-down versions of the rack-unit effects-
I don’t care what Eventide tries to imply I have played all of their effects side by side because all the pedal effects were mostly all included in the Eclipse.
The rack effects tend to have much more info coming out of the speakers than their pedal effects-
which only makes sense but they want you to think your getting some of the same effects from their classic rack line-up.

I never stopped to think for a second that the H90 was only going to essentially be two H9’s in one box.
Like wtf.

The Eclipse is really nice-
it sounds un-real and is pretty much indestructible.
But it has a 20 year old tech front-panel interface that sucks really bad if you intend to use it a lot outside of a studio-
as in your guitar rig.
And it still had no official editor when I sold mine a few years ago or whatever and bought the FM3.
Also-the Eclipse works best as a studio tool despite some deceptive marketing late in the game when Fractal released the Axe-Fx.

It’s definitely a waste of time and money if used in mono in the effects loop of an amplifier.
As with most stereo rack-effects an output to a stereo power amp is much more preferable and the input should be from a miked-up guitar cab in isolation or a mixing console and not instrument level signals.

It’s certainly not built primarily for guitarist which is what I was hoping and figuring what the H90 had to be-
a guitar players pedal styled version of the Eventide Eclipse single-space rack unit which would have been amazing and long over-due.

Fractals mono guitar effects are much better than Eventides.
Eventide still cannot do anything resembling a decent authentic overdrive but that’s not their thing so it’s understandable-
while Fractal has almost endless amazing options.
Fractals stereo effects are going to be amazing and probably even better for %99 of straight forward guitar playing.

Its only when you start running multiple stereo effects simultaneously on top of everything else that I still feel it’s only natural I can get even better results with a bit more clarity, separation and quality with a dedicated Eventide effects unit.
But that’s just my perspective and possibly the few people that use the really complex stuff that most people don’t incorporate into their music.

I went directly from the Eclipse to the FM3 and there was a noticeable difference back then in what I heard coming out of the speakers when stacking and layering serious amounts of stereo effects and I still feel like that’s probably the case.

I have been thru every stereo effects heavy Fractal Preset multiple times and had to de-construct most of them to restore the dry signal to my preference-
granted many of them are designed to be only %100 wet so I try to start from scratch now that I have a better idea of what’s going on in the presets and how I can achieve the changes I want.
But in general I did find it a bit easier to successfully keep the dry signal clearly intact on top of stacks of multiple stereo effects using an Eventide-
regardless of whatever routing I use for the amp/cab blocks on the FM3 grid.

Bottom line is that i fucked-up my info in assuming that the H90 is much more than 2 H9’s.
If anyone still wants any of the legit Eventide effects with a modern interface and editor then they will still need 7k for the H9000 which is insane-
or hook-up with the widow of a recently deceased H9000 owner which is my only hope.

That is kinda embarrassing and a joke to be honest-
for me and for Eventide both.

Last edited:
I still have the old Eventide H8000fw and I can tell you
All the new boxes h9000 h9 h90 are missing the analog preamps and it sounds different clean to my ear not in a good way.

A while back I remember thinking that you just might be even higher then me-
but then I figured no not possible.

Now I’m realizing I was actually on to something.

Even in a brown-out I would never imply that the FM3 is hands down superior to the H90 with FX or vice-versa.
as in across the board with every effect in every combination under every circumstance.
Especially considering they both do some things that the other does not do or have.

Also- I have not tried the H90 yet or done a direct comparison to the FM3 so making a statement like that would be ridiculous and destroy any credibility I might hope to retain.
Have you uh... used an FM3?

Harware alone, like not even the CHIPS but the actual BUILD and INs/outs of the product,
The FM3 BLOWS AWAY the Eventide.

The FM3 feels like it should cost 20x what it does. It feels like botique technology.

Eventide looks like its a "Nux" product, or a "Flamma" product... to put it kindly.

Eventide is laughing at you all the way to the bank... the screen they used on the H90 says it all.

Company will be bought by Nux/Flamma any day now.

And as for effects... anyone who has used an Fm3 and thinks you cant obliterate any effect in history, hasnt um... used an Fm3.

Plex verbs? Multitaps? Megataps?

I hope fractal goes after all the goofy grain pedals like Microcosm, LVX (which I own but would rather have an Fm3 again), "generation loss mkii" (a pedal that will age badly in about... a month).

Anyway whatever Im here for the Fm4 dual Turbo. Where is it.

Eventide needs to put the eclipe in an FM enclosure, or even not, just keep the same rack unit, and sell it for $900. Otherwsie, goodbye Eventide.

Harware alone, like not even the CHIPS but the actual BUILD and INs/outs of the product,

The FM3 feels like it should cost 20x what it does. It feels like botique technology.

Eventide looks like its a "Nux" product, or a "Flamma" product... to put it kindly.

Eventide is laughing at you all the way to the bank... the screen they used on the H90 says it all.

And as for effects... anyone who has used an Fm3 and thinks you cant obliterate any effect in history, hasnt um... used an Fm3.

I hope fractal goes after all the goofy grain pedals like Microcosm, LVX (which I own but would rather have an Fm3 again), "generation loss mkii" (a pedal that will age badly in about... a month).

Eventide needs to put the eclipe in an FM enclosure, or even not, just keep the same rack unit, and sell it for $900. Otherwsie, goodbye Eventide.

Why dont you just get on the FM9 Turbo list?

Man shame on Fractal for not giving in and selling through SWEETWATER and AMERICANMUSICAL, and ZZOUNDS, and GUITAR CENTER.

What an embarassment this H90 is (and I have and still do own eventide big boxes).

WHat an embarassment Fractal FM3 is not on every guitarists board.

Eventide has been slowly going bankrupt since the Rose pedal (which astually DID look exciting, but they chickened out of continuing the line).

I really hope Fractal Makes their FM4, with the analog dry though, and sells it everywhere.

While Cliff, you may be a millionaire, and have your dumble, but think of your family and the Yachts and houses and buggatis and college masters degrees you could buy them and their grandchildren.

When I had the Fm3 it was better than all my strymons empress etc.

H90 is a joke.
Dumb post of the month award. 100%.

How on earth does one come to the point of thinking and communicating like this?

I think what the OP is referring to is that these stores offer demo's and a chance to try before you buy, fractal offers a 15 day money back guarantee but even I myself won’t go through the hassle of returns unless it’s broken. Also those stores offer financing to non cork sniffers I mean that In a respectful way of course.
I have been a Sweetwater and a fractal customer for over 10 years now and have used sweetwaters zero interest financing a few times. Nowadays if I want some high end piece of equipment it’s no big deal. Back in the day though Sweetwater’s payment plans was a no brainer.

As for the H90 tried it didn’t need it kept my Fractal products and bought a SUHR Modern Custom instead.

sorry to divert, but, now that we have you on the line, did you ever get that stealth pro you'd ordered in June?, what did you think of it?

No my thoughtful friend- I have not yet tried the FM3 because I am waiting for the FM5 Quad-Cortex.
I have simply been lurking here waiting for a post like yours just to prove to my last remaining brain-cell that there is still hope for us.

I do like all the forward thinking you have applied to this FM4 Dual-Turbo concept tho and i think you really nailed it man.
If Fractal could just squeeze one more foot-switch onto the FM3 maybe like where my missing head-phone jack was supposed to be-
and then add enough CPU power to run dual-amps so that the price is as close as they can get it to the FM9 without going over -
then I think they would have something really special and Cliff would once again be able to afford to gas-up the AXE-FX super-yacht just like back in the good ole days when the forum helped run the show.

I live in Auburn which is about a dozen miles from Fractal HQ by dirt bike or ski mobile down the old RailTrail bed or about 18 on back roads and I would gladly shovel all the snow we just got off the yacht for an early invite and get it ready for when all that FM4 Dual-Turbo money starts rolling in.

But until then OMG 9 just doesn’t do it for me and I’ll wait it out with you for HFS 12 on the FM4.
I’m not about to pay a G for something that cannot even run more than one amp simultaneously-
because I always run at least two different type real amps at the same time and I won’t even bother playing guitar if I can only have one amp going.

I also prefer playing thru a huge pedal board with everything on at the same time because that’s my sound man-
Its what my peeps expect.
and I don’t need some CPU meter nagging me that I’m probably getting a bit carried away just because I wanna run more than a dozen multi-channel blocks in a single preset.
The FM4 Dual Turbo will solve all of that if we could just get Fractal to listen to reason.

And don’t think that I don’t know that you are either a Master Troll or an exceptionally gifted fighter because there’s just no way your getting by in the same world that the rest of us are living in.

Have a great one Xcjdfgiopccj J. klmgtyresswfbb

Last edited:
No my thoughtful friend- I have not yet tried the FM3 because I am waiting for the FM5 Quad-Cortex.
I have simply been lurking here waiting for a post like yours just to prove to my last remaining brain-cell that there is still hope for us.

I do like all the forward thinking you have applied to this FM4 Dual-Turbo concept tho and i think you really nailed it man.
If Fractal could just squeeze one more foot-switch onto the FM3 maybe like where my missing head-phone jack was supposed to be-
and then add enough CPU power to run dual-amps so that the price is as close as they can get it to the FM9 without going over -
then I think they would have something really special and Cliff would once again be able to afford to gas-up the AXE-FX super-yacht just like back in the good ole days when the forum helped run the show.

I live in Auburn which is about a dozen miles from Fractal HQ by dirt bike or ski mobile down the old RailTrail bed or about 18 on back roads and I would gladly shovel all the snow we just got off the yacht for an early invite and get it ready for when all that FM4 Dual-Turbo money starts rolling in.

But until then OMG 9 just doesn’t do it for me and I’ll wait it out with you for HFS 12 on the FM4.
I’m not about to pay a G for something that cannot even run more than one amp simultaneously-
because I always run at least two different type real amps at the same time and I won’t even bother playing guitar if I can only have one amp going.

I also prefer playing thru a huge pedal board with everything on at the same time because that’s my sound man-
Its what my peeps expect.
and I don’t need some CPU meter nagging me that I’m probably getting a bit carried away just because I wanna run more than a dozen multi-channel blocks in a single preset.
The FM4 Dual Turbo will solve all of that if we could just get Fractal to listen to reason.

And don’t think that I don’t know that you are either a Master Troll or an exceptionally gifted fighter because there’s just no way your getting by in the same world that the rest of us are living in.

Have a great one Xcjdfgiopccj J. klmgtyresswfbb
This is a god damn masterpiece.

Guys!! The Fractal fanboy behaviour in this thread is sickening, and I have both an FM3/ FC6 and an H90. In my humble opinion the H90 effects are much better than those in the FM3, which are very good.

The H90 is more than just 2 H9s. It has better architecture, front panel control, routing, effects and usability than 2 H9s would be and it is a fantastic FX unit, as stated by many professionals.

My FM3 is fantastic too, whether in my studio, 4CM with amps or direct to FOH.

My honest feeling is that the H90 on my pedalboard, along with a few analogue pedals feels more direct, clearer and has more feel than the FM3 but that's just my tuppence worth.

Guys!! The Fractal fanboy behaviour in this thread is sickening, and I have both an FM3/ FC6 and an H90. In my humble opinion the H90 effects are much better than those in the FM3, which are very good.

The H90 is more than just 2 H9s. It has better architecture, front panel control, routing, effects and usability than 2 H9s would be and it is a fantastic FX unit, as stated by many professionals.

My FM3 is fantastic too, whether in my studio, 4CM with amps or direct to FOH.

My honest feeling is that the H90 on my pedalboard, along with a few analogue pedals feels more direct, clearer and has more feel than the FM3 but that's just my tuppence worth.
Did you actually read the entire thread? Your conclusions about the tone of the thread is 180° off. Most all of it is disagreeing with the OP. He is really the only one putting down the H90. I criticized the price which is valid as hell. I have and use a H9Max. As far as the FX being better than Fractal, I haven’t heard anything to support that notion.

Also, your last sentence doesn’t make much sense or is incomplete. What are you using for an preamp, poweramp, speaker, cab, etc.?

Basically your comment is just as ridiculous as the OP’s!

Last edited:
A while back I remember thinking that you just might be even higher then me-
but then I figured no not possible.

Now I’m realizing I was actually on to something.

Even in a brown-out I would never imply that the FM3 is hands down superior to the H90 with FX or vice-versa.
as in across the board with every effect in every combination under every circumstance.
Especially considering they both do some things that the other does not do or have.

Also- I have not tried the H90 yet or done a direct comparison to the FM3 so making a statement like that would be ridiculous and destroy any credibility I might hope to retain.
Wow, somehow I missed this example of your special kind of THC and ETOH driven silliness. Ironically a while back I was certain you were an a$$hole, but thought I wouldn’t be so judgmental. Now I may have been onto something.😜

First I have had several Eventide processors including the H9Max. They’re great. I have heard a zillion demos of the H90. I really don’t know in a real world situation how it could be better than the Fractal FX system. The shear amount of FX at one time of the FM3 sets it far apart.

The irony is I remember back when I was considering the FM3 and said I was going to run the H9 in the loop for its special type of FX and also unload the FM3 CPU if needed. Well, I got the biggest lashing about how that will ruin the superior Fractal FX. So it appears you just can’t win with some people on this forum.

P.S.
Sometimes your posts are mildly amusing, but using the excuse “I was stoned” as way to overlook common manners can get tiresome.😉

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom