Eventide H90, FRACTAL WHERE ARE YOU???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dave:
Bill, have you ever heard the expression "It's easier to catch flies with honey instead of vinegar"?

Bill:
Dave, have you ever heard the expression "Only a hillbilly sits around and tries to figure out the best way to catch flies"?

(Probably have to be a NewRadio fan to get the reference. Convenient your name is Dave though.)
What a great show that was.

I think the OP was trashing the H90. That was the point of the post. I think. 🤔
Exactly thanks. I LOVE fractal and the FM3 was INCREDIBLE.

I am tired of seeing people think something like the H90 is fine!!! Fractal should get in the game!!! Cliff is awesome! Dont misconstrue- Fractal is as good as it gets I believe.

I had to sell the FM to pay some bills. I didnt go to another modeler, Fractal really is the best. Just incredible. Fractal is not really competing with everyone else unless they are in music stores/sites.

Fractal is not really competing with everyone else unless they are in music stores/sites.

I strongly disagree with this statement! Who are you to say what is “competing” and what Fractal’s business model or success metrics are? With how many pros are using Fractal I would say they are kicking everyone else’s ass in the modeling world.

Not a single person with half a brain would want Fractal to sell through retailers. The ONLY thing this would do is INCREASE prices. You want to pay more? I sure don’t and would prefer to directly support the company making the product.

Talk about customer service. Just had to have my LCD screen replaced. I asked about a ballpark turnaround time. Answer: It generally goes out the same day we get it. Got it back yesterday. 👏👏👏
That’s great and from what I have read G66 takes care of our overseas friends just as well given the added complexity of different countries.

Having the largest possible customer base is NOT a mandatory business goal.

Fractal gets to choose the kind of life & work they enjoy.

To say nothing about how it would change the things the fam holds dear.

As others said, it aint broke.

31d824a5a32c287cef092608fe60ef2e.jpg

I am glad fractal don't give in to big box stores. Look at all the ones that have and now they ship all their stuff to China.

I'm going to have to go with the majority on this one! I think FAS is doing fine with their business model otherwise L6 or someone else would have bought them years ago! It's admirable of the OP to want to see it other wise but I think it's far better and less expensive in the end to have it the way it is.

I never understood why the Eventide units, other than the extremely expensive modern rack units, can’t run more than 2 effects at once. Eventide also uses a funky power supply. And I don’t believe any Eventide unit has an analog dry path (could be wrong), so you have to run a mixer to get it to sound good and not out of phase like if you’re running Micropitch or something similar. If you want a plethora of effects, and want to use multiple effects at once, there just seems like no reason for anyone to buy an H90 when you could get an FM3 for the same price.

Dave:
Bill, have you ever heard the expression "It's easier to catch flies with honey instead of vinegar"?

Bill:
Dave, have you ever heard the expression "Only a hillbilly sits around and tries to figure out the best way to catch flies"?

(Probably have to be a NewRadio fan to get the reference. Convenient your name is Dave though.)
Fly : heh, it's "bees" but what do these hillbillies know?

Man shame on Fractal for not giving in and selling through SWEETWATER and AMERICANMUSICAL, and ZZOUNDS, and GUITAR CENTER.

What an embarassment this H90 is (and I have and still do own eventide big boxes).

WHat an embarassment Fractal FM3 is not on every guitarists board.

Eventide has been slowly going bankrupt since the Rose pedal (which astually DID look exciting, but they chickened out of continuing the line).

I really hope Fractal Makes their FM4, with the analog dry though, and sells it everywhere.

While Cliff, you may be a millionaire, and have your dumble, but think of your family and the Yachts and houses and buggatis and college masters degrees you could buy them and their grandchildren.

When I had the Fm3 it was better than all my strymons empress etc.

H90 is a joke.
Embarrassingly ignorant to the tone of this forum.

Talk about customer service. Just had to have my LCD screen replaced. I asked about a ballpark turnaround time. Answer: It generally goes out the same day we get it. Got it back yesterday. 👏👏👏
I'm about to send my ax8 to get the LCD replaced, it went all green in the middle of my gig, how much did you pay to get it fix?

Exactly thanks. I LOVE fractal and the FM3 was INCREDIBLE.

I am tired of seeing people think something like the H90 is fine!!! Fractal should get in the game!!! Cliff is awesome! Dont misconstrue- Fractal is as good as it gets I believe.

I had to sell the FM to pay some bills. I didnt go to another modeler, Fractal really is the best. Just incredible. Fractal is not really competing with everyone else unless they are in music stores/sites.
What do you mean "Get in the game"? Fractal IS the game. Product wise and customer service wise. I have NEVER EVER had an issue with Fractal Audio and I have owned them all since 2009 (except the III)
I cannot say that about Sweetwater, MF, Zzounds, etc. Yes, the online stores are nice.
But why would you want to RUIN good thing?
EDIT: I have o wonder if your statement has anything to with the fact that the stores you mentioned allow PAY OVER TIME NO INTEREST?

Oh and P.S.
Comparing the H90 and FM3 is a non starter. The FM3 is hands down superior with FX and then so much more.
A while back I remember thinking that you just might be even higher then me-
but then I figured no not possible.

Now I’m realizing I was actually on to something.

Even in a brown-out I would never imply that the FM3 is hands down superior to the H90 with FX or vice-versa.
as in across the board with every effect in every combination under every circumstance.
Especially considering they both do some things that the other does not do or have.

Also- I have not tried the H90 yet or done a direct comparison to the FM3 so making a statement like that would be ridiculous and destroy any credibility I might hope to retain.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom