Eventide H90, FRACTAL WHERE ARE YOU???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xcdchdchjjf

Experienced
Man shame on Fractal for not giving in and selling through SWEETWATER and AMERICANMUSICAL, and ZZOUNDS, and GUITAR CENTER.

What an embarassment this H90 is (and I have and still do own eventide big boxes).

WHat an embarassment Fractal FM3 is not on every guitarists board.

Eventide has been slowly going bankrupt since the Rose pedal (which astually DID look exciting, but they chickened out of continuing the line).

I really hope Fractal Makes their FM4, with the analog dry though, and sells it everywhere.

While Cliff, you may be a millionaire, and have your dumble, but think of your family and the Yachts and houses and buggatis and college masters degrees you could buy them and their grandchildren.

When I had the Fm3 it was better than all my strymons empress etc.

H90 is a joke.

Man shame on Fractal for not giving in and selling through SWEETWATER and AMERICANMUSICAL, and ZZOUNDS, and GUITAR CENTER.

What an embarassment this H90 is (and I have and still do own eventide big boxes).

Eventide has been slowly going bankrupt since the Rose pedal (which astually DID look exciting, but they chickened out of continuing the line).

I really hope Fractal Makes their FM4, with the analog dry though, and sells it everywhere.

While Cliff, you may be a millionaire, and have your dumble, but think of your family and the Yachts and houses and buggatis and college masters degrees you could buy them and their grandchildren.

H90 is a joke.
disappointment_zps296790aa.gif

Just my opinion: I believe the OP is a Fractal Audio Systems supporter but he wants to see FAS become more "mainstream" by being available through more conventional distribution channels.

Personally, I disagree, because distribution deals nearly always require compromises which FAS may not need (or want) to make.

I think the OP was trashing the H90. That was the point of the post. I think. 🤔
Just my opinion: I believe the OP is a Fractal Audio Systems supporter but he wants to see FAS become more "mainstream" by being available through more conventional distribution channels.

Personally, I disagree, because distribution deals nearly always require compromises which FAS may not need (or want) to make.
He is a Fractal supporter and (I believe) well intentioned. He previously owned an FM3 and then disappeared for awhile. I recall a comment he made indicating he was going back to another modeler (probably L6).

Anyway, when he first appeared he was making posts like crazy. He has a lot of enthusiasm and motivation. My take is that he enjoys checking out all the latest and greatest. This can be a problem with Fractal though because you can't get what you want very quickly unless you're paying premium on Reverb.

Last edited:
I also generally prefer buying gear from a retailer in my own country rather than direct out of country, however, there are trade-offs, and since Axefx is by far the best product I've ever owned, + I've never had a serious issue with any of the 3 Axfx units I've owned + all my Fractal buying experiences from Canada have been smooth, I just trust it - direct is good with Fractal - perhaps a/typical. Even in terms of availability, in Canada at least, shelves (virtual and physical) are still quite empty of many items that used to be readily available in the "before time" - so no big advantage.

Last edited:
Can you even imagine how many times Fractal has been told they should sale thru the big box stores? Their business model as it is must work for them since mass production almost always means quality loss and control over the product. I like how they do it even if it's painful some times.

H90 is a joke.

I commend all those trying to be reasonable with this guy, but man most of his comments all the way back are just not reasonable. All over the road.

The only thing disappointing about the H90 is the price. As an H9Max owner I would love to have had double the system and then some, but not almost double the price. As far as Fractal not using distributors (especially a place like Guitar Center) is just fine by me. Every once in a while I will get something from GC and hate wondering what condition it will be in when it arrives. Has it been opened and bits and pieces are missing because someone just got it to mess around at home for a couple days and then returned it.

Oh and P.S.
Comparing the H90 and FM3 is a non starter. The FM3 is hands down superior with FX and then so much more.

Last edited:
The only thing disappointing about the H90 is the price. As an H9Max owner I would love to have had double the system and then some, but not almost double the price. As far as Fractal not using distributors (especially a place like Guitar Center) is just fine by me. Every once in a while I will get something from GC and hate wondering what condition it will be in when it arrives. Has it been opened and bits and pieces are missing because someone just got it to mess around at home for a couple days and then returned it.

Oh and P.S.
Comparing the H90 and FM3 is a non starter. The FM3 is hands down superior with FX and then so much more.
+1 - H90 price is rediculous. I have H9Max / not upgrading.

I seem to recall something about flies and honey and vinegar. Might just be me though.
Dave:
Bill, have you ever heard the expression "It's easier to catch flies with honey instead of vinegar"?

Bill:
Dave, have you ever heard the expression "Only a hillbilly sits around and tries to figure out the best way to catch flies"?

(Probably have to be a NewRadio fan to get the reference. Convenient your name is Dave though.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom