Eventide h3000 se??

frankiev

Experienced
I came across an Eventide H3000 se (the grey one)for 850 and I see that on ebay an upgrade to H3500 specs (kitchen sink)upgrade is available for 100 . Of course Ive heard and read alot about this unit but Ive never seen or heard one live .Should I go for it? Is it worth the money or is my Axe 2 capable of doing the same thing . Please let me know your opinion

I used to have one. It has some classic sounds, but all of it is doable in the axe. If you want more junk in your rack and have a good back, and 800 to burn, why not?

Ditto. Before I bought the AxeFxII I had an Eventide H3000 D/SE and H3000 D/SX, sold them.
If I had a big mixing desk and a real studio they would be good to keep for running vocals + through them but as for guitar not needed with present technology.

I kept my Eclipse and Kurzweil KSP8 for vocals but rarely use them. The Eclipse has some weird sounds but way too many distorted presets that absolutely suck and blow at the same time. :p

i think if you really want an eventide, you'd be better off spending a little more and getting the eclipse. it has all the cool h3000 stuff in it and a whole load more. plus it's 1u. the h3000 is a remarkable unit, considering how long ago it was made and would probably still have a place in a lot of studios, but not so much in a guitar rack, these days.

I sold mine when I went with the Axe-II, no need for it anymore.

It's the blue two space rack unit:

MyRig_zps27859b6f.jpg

Back
Top Bottom