Eventide Blackhole?

chrisjnyc

Power User
Anyone have an Eventide Blackhole style shimmer\verb preset? I have been messing around with the multi delay block with detune plex, but its not as spookly as the Eventide.

the trick here is the detune parameters. if you increase the detune values, but make sure that the sum of the two lower values does not equal the sum of the two higher values, you will cause the delays to increase, or decrease in pitch

also remember to disengage the delays times from their tempo parameters and set all four delay times randomly between about 150 and 400ms, so that they don't line up in any way. also ensure that diffusion is set to 100%

Thanks Simeon! Want to make sure I have it... How do set the multi delay block to minimize the attack, so it comes in right away, and not like a slow build up.

Man, you chose the worst demo of the Eventide Space I've seen. That sliding sound when changing chords... Ouch! I couldn't finished to watch the whole video.

Reactions: FSM
yeah, if you don't like that slidey pitch stuff, just make the higher and lower pitch shifts add up the same. the eventide stuff is probably based around an 8 plex (i know it was in the eclipse i had), so we don't get as much density with one 4 plex

So, Chris@axefxtuorials posted a preset sort of like this a while ago on youtube.
I don't know how to find it, but it's probably a good starting point. I'd send him a message.

Cool - Thank you guys so much. Will be giving these presets a try. The Black Hole algorithm was one of my favorites, back when I was rocking an H9. Found it to be very effective with a little added modulation when doing country-inspired pedal steel-like swells.

Back
Top Bottom