Evanescence - Imaginary (cover by Jotun Studio featuring Minniva)

Jotun666

Inspired
Hi, fellas! Just wanted to share my latest cover, Evanescence´s Imaginary feat. Minniva, using my Axe FX II (Quantum 1.0, not updated yet, since I´m in the middle of a recording)

I used a 6160 for guitars and and 4x12 German V30, and SVT for bass as usual.

I hope you like it and any feedback and constructive criticisim is very welcomed. Cheers!

Well that was outstanding. The (backing) vocals really impressed me. Guitars were spot on. Production and video were excellent. You could look up from the frets from time to time?

Thank you so much for all your words!

Fret, Minniva did a great job with the harmonies, she´s a great singer and I don´t have to do much tweaking when editing/mixing. Thanks for your comment about the production and video work. I spent some time in it, working hard. And yeah, I have to look somewhere else, hahaha. I´m very "stiffy" when it comes to playing.

Cyoung, thanks a lot, man! Glad you liked it so much.

Hayabusa, it´s a great song, and we tried to stay as close as we could, thanks!

Mark, thanks, man, glad you liked it so much! She´s a very talented singer. She would be a top metal singer (for her chops and, sadly, also for her looks) if she wanted to.

Cheers!

Love the guitar sound. What post processing did you do to it?

Thanks, man! Glad you liked it so much.

The main thing here is to get the tone right from the beginning. I did 3 or 4 guitar recordings until I got what I was looking for, and then the only thing I applied was some eq to carve some frequencies. That, and the general mastering for the track. Those are the only two postprocess I applied.

Thanks, man! Glad you liked it so much.

The main thing here is to get the tone right from the beginning. I did 3 or 4 guitar recordings until I got what I was looking for, and then the only thing I applied was some eq to carve some frequencies. That, and the general mastering for the track. Those are the only two postprocess I applied.

Curious to see the EQ curve on the post processing. Would you mind sharing it?

Keep up with the good work :)

Regards
Ricardo

Thanks a lot for your comments, guys!

Rick, glad you liked it so much, and yes, Minniva is awesome.

Guitarzpt, I don´t have the project available right now, but it´s nothing to fancy or complicated: low and hi cut and -3 dB carving in some lo mids and high mids. Besides, I don´t rely too much on "eq charts", since every source sounds different, so you cannot apply the same "theory" to every guitar. Regards!

Warlock, thanks, man! She really can sing, cannot she? And she es also quite versatile too.

Have a nice weekend!

This whole thing is perfect! Vocals are amazing and guitar is spot-on.

Thanks a lot, man! I´m really flattered by your words. I am very lucky to be able to work with such a singer as Minniva, she´s great, and I tried to make the music as close to the original as I could, though adding some personal variations and little arrangements.

Cheers!

Dang!! Jotun666 & Minniva spoil us.... If you keep posting quality video's up here, FAS will likely charge us for subscriptions to the forum! Well done!!

Thanks a lot, fellas!

Saint Chuck, I prefer you to give me the money, hahaha! We are working now on an Amaranthe cover, so stay tuned, and also check my other posts here ;)

Black Bitch, thanks a lot. Glad you liked it so much!

Back
Top Bottom