EV1 & FM3

musicman61554

Inspired
Hey everyone, quick ?.....I know how to hookup the expression pedal but what do I do with the In and Out Volume? I'm a little confused on what to plugin.....

If you’re using it as an expression just use the expression jack and don’t plug anything into the other jacks.

Hmmm well I was trying to calibrate the EV1 and its moving about 5%. I tried multiple TRS cables....its plugged into the expression port into Pedal 1 of the FC6. I guess Ill try the FM3 port when I get home. Odd

FM3 noob here. Just got min and an EV-2 is en route. Question....can you use a single EV-2 as both Volume and Expression ...I don't mean to say "at same time," as in on a particular effect where both expression and Volume are used simultaneously but rather: can you have both your your instrument cables and the TRS and (somehow) switch between when Vol or Expression are used? I'm guessing the answer is no in either case and that one would need two pedals: one for expression and one for vol.

FM3 noob here. Just got min and an EV-2 is en route. Question....can you use a single EV-2 as both Volume and Expression ...I don't mean to say "at same time," as in on a particular effect where both expression and Volume are used simultaneously but rather: can you have both your your instrument cables and the TRS and (somehow) switch between when Vol or Expression are used? I'm guessing the answer is no in either case and that one would need two pedals: one for expression and one for vol.
As long as you don’t use it as a “global” volume pedal, you get to determine what the expression pedal is used for per-preset (and if you’re clever, per-scene). One of those options is to place a volume block in the preset, so then you’d have a volume pedal again.

But no, the physical connections can’t be used simultaneously - the manual explicitly states that such a scenario can cause ground loops.

As long as you don’t use it as a “global” volume pedal, you get to determine what the expression pedal is used for per-preset (and if you’re clever, per-scene). One of those options is to place a volume block in the preset, so then you’d have a volume pedal again.

But no, the physical connections can’t be used simultaneously - the manual explicitly states that such a scenario can cause ground loops.

Nice...thank you. That sounds like it would do the trick,

Is it possible to assign the FM3 tuner to "heel down" on a Fractal EV-1 in expression mode (BOSS GT-100 style)? If not, how about assigning the FM3 tuner to the EV-1 toe down (switch)?

Back
Top Bottom