EV ZXA1's good for apartment volume?

mniel8195

Inspired
hey guys i have heard good things about these speakers im tring to get away from playing through headphones or small cabinets in my apartment let me know what you guys think of a good choice of nierfield monitors

It would be way overkill for my apartment at least. I would go with studio monitors if you don't need something to gig with.

I had them until today and I would agree, they are much more than can be utilized in an apartment. I also have a pair of KRK Rokit 8s that are also too much ... The thing to look out for - if going down the studio monitor path - is that when I use my KRKs to create presets i end up with WAY too much bass when I switch to PA speakers/FOH. Just got the two QSC K10s and I have to redo all my presets. If you can afford to use them for "just" apartment use, then great, they sound fantastic, IMHO.

If you have a home hi-fi system then why not give that a try, I have a mark levinson amp going into focal jm lab floorstanding speakers and my rythym guitar player has a fairly cheap panasonic system and the axe fx sounds Stella on both systems

A single Adam A5X is what I have right now.
Great for low volume player like me.
But I'm also very interested in EV ZXA1.

I have it, it works great at low volumes and on gigs. I'm not that much of an audiophile though, just wanted something LIGHT (it's 18 pounds) and sounding good.

Back
Top Bottom