EV PXM 12MP Comparision Review with Pics

I’m not sure we wouldn’t say the same for almost any other piece of electronics out there. China is the source for many, many parts and assembly. For all I know, my PXMs originate in China, too.
Simple. Parts are not all the same, no matter where they come from. QC is not the same either - it depends on the factory; the controls put in place and enforced (or not) by the seller, etc. There's a long track record of the CLR breaking down. Other products -- made in China or elsewhere -- have their own track records, for better or worse.

Question for the owners of 'failed' CLR's...

Were you leaving them on for extended lengths of time?

I've got three CLR Neo's from 2013, 2014 and 2016 and notice mine get quite warm after playing for awhile so I generally shut them down when I take a break. Hoping my continue to work as expected, but just wondering if over heating might be the issue. (I hope I didn't just jinx my CLR's.)
I only use them once a week on the average. But when I gig they're on for about 4 hours.

Anybody here using a Yamaha DXR10 MKII upgrade to this EV? I’m currently using a ZLX 12P and was planning on upgrading to the DXR10. Should I skip it and try the PXM 12P? Thanks.

Has anyone tried the EV placed on it's end as a backline speaker? See the pic - with the EV resting on the floor shown on blue. Looks like about an 80 degree angle. Is it stable? Does it cut it with a loud drummer?

EV PXM-12MP.jpg

Anybody here using a Yamaha DXR10 MKII upgrade to this EV? I’m currently using a ZLX 12P and was planning on upgrading to the DXR10. Should I skip it and try the PXM 12P? Thanks.
I have a pair of the DXR10's (mk1) and just ordered a pair of the PXM-12MP's to potentially replace them. Not that they're not good, they are, and I do like them. I am just trying to see if I can improve my sound with the PXM's. I guess I'll find out soon enough!

I mean the newer fractals are made in China
Fractals are made/assembled in the New Hampshire factory, with some parts sourced from China. The most expensive parts come from the U.S.

"The chassis and some of the boards are made in China. The DSP module is made in Merrimack NH, USA." [24]
"Roughly 50% (by cost) of the Axe-Fx III is made in USA. The chassis and simpler circuit boards are made in China. The DSP module is made right here in NH. [25]
"The Axe-Fx III is about 50% domestic content. [26]
"The Axe-Fx III is assembled, programmed, inspected, and tested at our facility in New Hampshire." [30]

Does anyone have any thoughts or opinions on the pros and cons of the PXM 12MP on the floor as a wedge vs. on a tripod? Currently I am only playing in a small room at home.

CLRs are clearer and flatter. Until (if?) Jay takes over and brings out his own iteration of the CLR from his own company; I would buy the EV 1000/10 over the CLR.

Does anyone have any thoughts or opinions on the pros and cons of the PXM 12MP on the floor as a wedge vs. on a tripod? Currently I am only playing in a small room at home.
For what use case? Didn’t you buy one? Try out the different positions and see for yourself. The sound comes from different directions, which can be good or bad depending on the use case. EQ can help make up a lot of the tonal differences between different positions, boundary proximities, etc.

Back
Top Bottom