EV-L Cab Impulse anyone ?

Anand Mahangoe

Power User
Hi all !
I am really starting to like the EV-L cabinet especially in 2x12 cab.
Right now I am using the Ownhammer Mar66 loaded with these Electro Voice Classic speakers and very curious to hear if anyone has these speakers and made an Impulse from it or bought it from any other company...

Thanks !!

I think these were just released. Picked them up 50% off: https://ml-sound-lab.com/products/evml-classic-cab-pack

Full disclosure I haven't gotten to try em yet so I don't know how good they are.
I picked these up as well and have only recently been able to give them a try at a decent volume, albeit through very budget monitors. I would say that they are definitely put together to be used in a mix context rather than in isolation. I generally like a darker sound for my own enjoyment and none of these provide that for me. However, when used in a mix, they sit really well. I would think that there would be very little, if any, EQ needed to get them to fit into just about any rock or metal mix. Other genres, I'm not sure. I would have liked to see more variety in mic arrangement, as there doesn't seem to be a wide enough range for me. But again, in a dense mix, all of them get you in the ballpark of where a guitar generally likes to sit. Sometimes though, it's nice to have more to A/B with. I think this is a quality pack, but while my ears are still adjusting to them, I find I still like the OH 4x12 pack with the EVs more. They strike a nice balance of the tone I need to fit into a mix, while also giving me what I want when I'm just practicing or writing. I don't think you can go wrong with either one and tastes change. At the price that the ML is, I think you're getting a quality IR pack.

Thanks a lot you all Gentz !! I have also bought the ML EV pack as well as many others …. They were meant to work with my Silver Jubilee Amp….. but then I also found the Silver Jube cab from ML and that’s was the perfect match for the Jubilee……. And then I bought the Marshall Plexi 1959HW amp…. And that was it….. sold the Jubilee and using the OH MRBW green backs with this amp and be done with it ;)

Nonetheless : great cabs all of them !!

Hi people,
thank you for the information. I was out of office and did not notice…Our IT has been informed.

Glad it's nothing too major.

I know it's money you may not want to spend, but there are monitoring services that will ping your site every so often, and email or text you if it's down. Not positive, but there may even be free ones.

Glad it's nothing too major.

I know it's money you may not want to spend, but there are monitoring services that will ping your site every so often, and email or text you if it's down. Not positive, but there may even be free ones.
Oh, we just took a few days off to the easter weekend. Usually we notice stuff like this whithin minutes (or hours) But thank you again for your infos!

Back
Top Bottom