EV-2

The Mission pedals are simply perfect for wah type effects, especially with the spring option. Great built, great service, crybaby size, and fair price.

The EV-1 is a great product because it addressed a clear deficiency in the market. There just weren't any EXP pedals with a nice long throw, solid build, and non deadzones (ala the Boss pedals).

Putting a lot of R&D cost into producing a new product which already exist just seems silly to me. Should just pay Mission to produce them and rebrand them Fractal, if the logo is important to people.

I could however see an EV-2 that is a much smaller size. Maybe take away the volume control aspect if it saves some cost. Something closer in size to those AMT pedals could prove popular. I modded some EB VP JR's and those work well, but took a bit of work, so wouldn't work for everyone.

Man.....I clicked on this thread thinking it was a cliff teaser again....

Ageed...I only use my Mission SP-2 because of the switch. Would love one with the EV

Ageed...I only use my Mission SP-2 because of the switch. Would love one with the EV

I have an sp2 as well... How are u using yours....?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Accounting would probably find it preferable for you to buy a 2nd pedal (you can have 5 hooked up with MFC/back panel) than to have a switch lol. In all seriousness though, I went from a couple pedals with switches to dedicated pedals and found it makes things a lot easier. Don't have to remember which state your in etc, just simple "step on this and it does that" every time.

While Mission's pedals are great ... I actually have 2 of their EP-1s, one with spring ..... from a European point of view the FAS pedal (or pedals?) would be a good option due to them having a EU distributor .... so no hold ups with import duties and all that hassle.

I'd grab the switch version of a FAS EV pedal for sure if it ever materialised.

I could never imagine something as small as an AMT. My fav wah pedal ever is the EB wah pedal. One of it's distinct features was that it had a longer throw than typical wah's and it was awesome. I had modded my Boss exp pedals to have a toe switch just so I could have that long throw for way...once again loves it!

i did try a mission pedal and thought it was really nice, but it didn't work properly with my yamaha mfc-10 :(

Sim, that should be just a matter of swapping tip and sleeve, no?

really? it was weird...it worked beautifully from 127 down to about 20 and then jumped straight to zero....would swapping the polarity fix that? i spoke to them at mission about it, because i thought the pedal was faulty. it wasn't, because connecting it directly to the axe solved it. they didn't suggest that fix....they just said it wasn't compatible with the yamaha

Isn't that the reason why you must calibrate a pedal? To set the proper min and max values? Or doesn't the Yamaha have this feature?

values jumping around won't be solved by calibration anyway. i just received an adaptor cable that switches the TRS wiring. it's female to male and plugs in to an existing TRS cable.

apparently it does nothing for my FV500 and MMGT - makes it worse and hop around actually. so maybe indeed you need to reverse the polarity or Tip and Sleeve, simeon.

No, it doesn't. You can set the max and min values, but that's it.

I have my pedal for years, boss fv500h, it worked with every device I have had so far. ( g-force, g-system, eleven rack and axe fx. )
I think it's strange that the Mission pedal would do something else with a Yamaha pedal.

Maybe you must try to change the starting point of the mission.
Turn the pot inside so the minimum in heel position will be value 20 on your Yamaha.

yes, that's exactly what i did and it made no difference. i spent ages futzing around with it to try and get it to work, but with absolutely no joy. i was a bit miffed, because i really loved the pedal.

Simeon,

I have a Yamaha MFC10 too, and use a Roland EV5 as expression pedal, but connected directly into my Axe-Fx Standard. I tried to use it with the Yamaha, but it basically worked pretty much as an on-off switch instead of a full sweep expression. I contacted Yamaha who stated:-

"I am sorry but the Roland EV5 has never been tested with the MFC10. We would suggest that the Yamaha FC7 controller is used with the MFC10 to allow you to send this type of data.…"

I suspected it was because the Yamaha expects the pedal wiring the opposite way round, as researched information indicated that the Yamaha FC7 and Roland EV5 are wired differently.

On/off jumpy behaviour = needs reverse polarity. Very easy to do, you can make a reverse cable, or open the pedal and swap the wires on the potentiometer.

Back
Top Bottom