EV-2 reviews?

I just got my EV-2 today. I decided to try it as an audio pedal, first. I'm not sure what's going on with it, but I get audible noise in around the last 15% of the pedal travel. It is only when increasing the volume. I've tried it with different cables and without any input at all with the same results.

It has a nice, compact size and a good feel, but it's not usable as an audio pedal in this state. I'll have to contact support to see if there is an issue with mine.

...I get audible noise in around the last 15% of the pedal travel. It is only when increasing the volume. I've tried it with different cables and without any input at all with the same results.
What kind of noise are you getting? What does it sound like?

Do you hear the noise in your speaker, or from somewhere else?

Yes, it is an audible sound through the speaker. In this particular setup: guitar -> EV-2 -> AX8 -> CLR. To trouble shoot, I unplugged the guitar cable going into the EV-2, so with only EV-2 -> AX8 -> CLR, I could hear the same audio noise through the CLR.

Did you also have it running as an expression pedal at the same time? Sometimes you can get a midi loop and that creates a zipper noise....

Did you also have it running as an expression pedal at the same time? Sometimes you can get a midi loop and that creates a zipper noise....
No, I had only one cable attached to the EV-2 - from its output jack to AX8 input. The AX8 was connected via USB to a computer, but I don't know why that would affect the audio signal. However, when I have time this evening I will connect it to a completely different amp and verify that the EV-2 is the only common involved in producing the noise.

Yes, it is an audible sound through the speaker. In this particular setup: guitar -> EV-2 -> AX8 -> CLR. To trouble shoot, I unplugged the guitar cable going into the EV-2, so with only EV-2 -> AX8 -> CLR, I could hear the same audio noise through the CLR.
Strange indeed that you would get sound from a volume pedal when it has no input connection.

@iaresee pic above says it all... much smaller than the EV-1, even smaller than the Mission, and surprisingly it doesn't feel too small under my size 10.5 EE foot. The movement is smooth and feels to have a touch more travel than the Mission. I think it'll be the perfect small companion for my AX-8 bag.

Mega thanks to the lovely folks over at G66 who got this out to me super fast. Looking forward to working out a groovy GloRiser for this little bad boy really soon
1f642.png
:)

BSweWds.jpg

What's the sweep like @ZenRigs Man? For things like a Whammy and being accurate enough to leave at a cocked wah setting or to sweep gain on a drive (say middle of the sweep)?

Hi! I think it's great - I don't use it for Wah, but for all other expression duties, it will likely replace my main EV-1 on my board, which gives me space to cram more toys on the board!

It's a lovely pedal - great sweep and feels solid and tension is perfect - stays where you put it and feels nice underfoot.

Would you all recommend a Fractal EV-1, EV-2, one of the Mission pedals, or something else to someone who loves the feel of an Ernie Ball VP Jr.?

Back
Top Bottom