I'm using the TRS Fractal cable and I'm having this problem on the expression pedal. (it arrives at 0, but when I force a little more it goes to 10) EV-1 works normal, only EV-2 has this problem .. what can it be?

Same exact issue here. If you pull the bottom cover off and toe down the pedal you can pull the pedal gear bar back out of the way and rotate the the potentiometer to 100% then roll it back a tooth or two. Really fucking sucks I had an issue with this gig before last and thought I had fixed it, worked fine for the week while practicing. Low and behold same shit last night at a gig, completely destroyed the first set as I depend heavily on that one pedal for all kinds of stuff, pitch changed volume gain so on.

I had spoken to support shortly after purchasing the EV-2s with an issue if you heal down hard the there would be a hard click which looks to me like the potentiometer hits its stop but the pedal still has travel and pulls the pedal gear bar out of the teeth of the pot. They sent me an RMA but I don't have three alternate pedals to use while they are being looked at. Sorry just had to whine.

i own one EV2 and don't have this issue at all, so it's not like they all do that. that said, i had many other brand pedals with this problem. i've had to open almost every other one up and adjust the pot and tooth track thingie. i haven't ever opened up the EV2, so i don't know what's in there.

I had problems with a EV-1. Max value changed randomly between around 50 and 127. Fortunately G66 replaced it right away :)

Mine finally got to the point where all the adjusting in the world won't fix the problem. I contacted fractal about sending it in for out of warranty repair. All that went smoothly. I explained very clearly what I would like to have happen, please replace the potentiometer and rubber bumpers under the rocker pedal. Fractal employee Andrew does the repair.
===== WORK PERFORMED =====
Re-aligned gear, tightened gear arm.
Courtesy repair, bench fee waived
Customer to pay return shipping only
Ready to bill or ship.
After unpacking I set the pedal on the floor and tap toe down heal down couple time and its got the same exact biding feeling as if the gear had jumped and and the POT had hit the stop and gone past it. Hook it to the AFX and open the calibration page sure enough its not tracking as it should.

To say I'm a bit pissed off right now is an understatement. Another email sent explaining the situation waiting to hear if I can actually get the parts or just add this pedal to the junk pile and go to another brand.

Mine finally got to the point where all the adjusting in the world won't fix the problem. I contacted fractal about sending it in for out of warranty repair. All that went smoothly. I explained very clearly what I would like to have happen, please replace the potentiometer and rubber bumpers under the rocker pedal. Fractal employee Andrew does the repair.
===== WORK PERFORMED =====
Re-aligned gear, tightened gear arm.
Courtesy repair, bench fee waived
Customer to pay return shipping only
Ready to bill or ship.
After unpacking I set the pedal on the floor and tap toe down heal down couple time and its got the same exact biding feeling as if the gear had jumped and and the POT had hit the stop and gone past it. Hook it to the AFX and open the calibration page sure enough its not tracking as it should.

To say I'm a bit pissed off right now is an understatement. Another email sent explaining the situation waiting to hear if I can actually get the parts or just add this pedal to the junk pile and go to another brand.
While bigger. I enjoy the Boss FV500 pedals. Built like a tank with metal and never had issues. I've had issues with my EV-1 unfortunately.

I like a smaller pedal. I had an EV-1, when the EV-2 came out I went with 3 of those. I have borrowed a Moog from a buddy for the mean time but its pretty huge as well. I ordered a Zoom FP02 last night to give a try, if that works ok I will be selling all the EV-2's.

316Q3Uq6+5L.jpg

The EV1s make the Boss FV500s feel like toys.

I’m sure FAS will make your EV2 issue good. Too bad they didn’t read your notes. :(

Back
Top Bottom