EV-2 connection to Axe-Fx III

maorgr

Inspired
Hi Guys,

I'll try my best not to sound too much of a noob (but I am)

I just bought the EV-2. should i connect it to expression port 1 or two ?

can you please look to see if the cables I'm using are OK (attached picture)

Also - from the manual I did not quite understand this :

EV-1 AS AN ANALOG VOLUME PEDAL The EV-1 doubles as a high impedance ANALOG VOLUME PEDAL with a 500K audio-taper pot. When using the EV-1 as VOLUME PEDAL, connect between two instrument or line-level devices using the IN and OUT jacks of the EV-1 with standard unbalanced (mono) tip-sleeve (”TS”) instrument cables. Do NOT use Expression and Volume functions at the same time or ground loops can occur.

What does it mean to use them together ?

Thank you so much for your help.

Attachments

• ev2.jpg
    ev2.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 43
Your cable is not the correct one. You need a TRS cable... often called a "stereo 1/4 cable".

should i connect it to expression port 1 or two ?
There are 2 pedal inputs so you can use 2 pedals. You are using just one now, so you can choose either one, but why not use Port 1 since you have just 1.

EV-1 AS AN ANALOG VOLUME PEDAL
Do you want to use it as an Analog Volume pedal?

I think the volume pedal will use a Y or insert cable. Two mono in to TRS single, plugged into a single Jack on the pedalboard.

im confused
i mean shouldnt only the top cable be TRS-TRS ?
What do you want to use the pedal for? You probably do NOT want to use it for Analog Volume.

You probably want to use it for controlling volume, wah and many other things digitally. If so, just use one TRS cable from Exp in the pedal, to Pedal on the Axe.

Ok, sorry. No Y cable. That’s how mine works on another pedalboard.
Wiki says, “
  • 3 jacks at the front: In, Out and Expression. In and Out are for volume.
  • Requires TRS-to-TRS cable.”

To be clear: what are you wanting to use this pedal for?

You can use as a dedicated volume control OR you can use it to control the volume or many other things in the Axe Fx.

i would use it an expression padel, not volume.

so Guitar (TS Cable) -> EV-2 -> axe fx iii expression 1 input (TRS Cable) ?

or maybe guitar -> instr on axe fx iii and TRS cable from expression of ev2 to expression port 1 on the axe 3 ?

Thank you for your time.

Last edited:
Yes, option 2 should work. The Ev does not have a port to receive a guitar, so, you run your trs from pedal to 1 to Axe 3. Plug into Axe three as normal. Calibrate pedal.

The Owner's Manual contains tutorials about connecting, calibrating and configuring a pedal, either connected directly to the device, or via another controller.

Yes, option 2 should work. The Ev does not have a port to receive a guitar, so, you run your trs from pedal to 1 to Axe 3. Plug into Axe three as normal. Calibrate pedal.
Ummm... How else would you use it as an analog volume pedal?

From the manual:

F3DE395F-7AAD-4377-BE14-9F73904DEEF1.jpeg

Edit:

That's the EV-1 in the picture... The EV-2 has the IN/OUT on the sides, but functions the same.

Back
Top Bottom