EV-1

Agreed, its like Fractal got every pedal on the market in the room, analyzed all the good and bad points about them, and them magically came out with the EV-1, which to me anyway, feels "just right" with regards to the range of pedal travel, natural feel under foot, build quality et al

Does anyone know if there will be a ev-1 with a toe switch or not? And how does it compare to the mission engineering ones? And how heavy is it? Thanks!

There are a few threads in the MFC section (including one I started) with comparison photos.

Long story short, its a lot bigger than the Missions pedals, not too heavy, but not so slight its going to slide around, and has a totally different range of pedal travel. I'm keeping my Mission for wah, but otherwise their range of travel is too short for fine control. The EV-1 has about 3x the travel so you can really tell when your at 50%, 75% etc

Yeah I searched for EV-1 and the search function is giving me an error. Probably because of the - or it's too short. If you have the link I'll read through it or search on your profile. Thanks a lot!

I too have a mission one and find the travel is too short! Good to know. It's also a bit heavy so doesn't always hold in place with velcro.

Does anyone know if there will be a ev-1 with a toe switch or not? And how does it compare to the mission engineering ones? And how heavy is it? Thanks!

I've be curious to have someone open up an EV-1 and report if there's room under that raised rectangle in front of the rack (the slider with teeth) where a switch could be mounted. The pinion (and presumably the potentiometer) are behind the rack, so there might be room in there. Obviously you'd have to drill a hole for the switch, then either re-appropriate one of the jacks, or find a place to mount a 4th jack.

The Mission pedals are designed for a switch, even if a given model doesn't include one, so you can easily add a switch and output jack. I like the idea of more range though. I've been using my mission pedal for volume and I do miss the longer sweep you get with the Ernie Ball volume pedals.

I just got mine and it's the best volume pedal I ever had. I LOVED my VP junior. Great feel and travel. The EV-1 is better. Adjustable tension - done the right way, simple mechanism that's obviously going to last a lifetime, great electronics, built like a tank but much lighter.
It's bigger than I expected, but not so big as to be ridiculous. Think FV500. Very comfortable.

I'll keep using my Mission for wah. I'll probably get another EV-1 for my effects mix-dedicated pedal. Although I hope they come up with an EV-Junior for that! :)

I've be curious to have someone open up an EV-1 and report if there's room under that raised rectangle in front of the rack (the slider with teeth) where a switch could be mounted. The pinion (and presumably the potentiometer) are behind the rack, so there might be room in there. Obviously you'd have to drill a hole for the switch, then either re-appropriate one of the jacks, or find a place to mount a 4th jack.

The Mission pedals are designed for a switch, even if a given model doesn't include one, so you can easily add a switch and output jack. I like the idea of more range though. I've been using my mission pedal for volume and I do miss the longer sweep you get with the Ernie Ball volume pedals.

I posted a "gut shot" in the EV1 thread over on the MFC forum

Are the dimensions posted anywhere? I'm planning a pedalboard build and wanted to know how big to make it!

The larger sweep sounds like it would be perfect for the way I use my wah with such a huge frequency range. Gonna jump on the wait list.

Looks like a great pedal but is shipping really $20?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you shipped (and insured) anything lately ? Its a perfectly reasonable cost, and the unit comes double boxed and very well packaged in a protective air filled sleeve.

Geez man, using a $2300 guitar processor but upset about paying $20 for shipping ?

Back
Top Bottom