EV-1 to FC-12

rickster71

Experienced
Are there any video's on how to set up EV-1 pedals up through the FC-12? I looked all over you tube and there are none. I think it would be very helpful.

I don't have it on me right now, but the FC quick guide that came with your FC-12 walks you through how to set it up.

That's what I tried to prevent. Just did some digging and found the paperwork. was hopping there was a video but all I could find was video's for axe 2

Plug it into a pedal jack
choose that jack # as the source in the modifier.

That’s it :)

Well, you should also calibrate... But, yeah, pretty straightforward ;)
I have them hooked in to the back of the Axe Fx 3 and calibrated them , so once I unhook them from the back of the axe and hook them up to the FC-12 will I need to Calibrate again?

I have them hooked in to the back of the Axe Fx 3 and calibrated them , so once I unhook them from the back of the axe and hook them up to the FC-12 will I need to Calibrate again?
Yes... There's calibration for the Axe Fx pedals and different calibration for the FC pedals.

Yes... There's calibration for the Axe Fx pedals and different calibration for the FC pedals.
I figured but was confirming. I still don't know why no one has made a video on how to set it up for the ae fx 3 and posted it to you tube but you can find them all day long for axe fx 2.

Once the EV-1's are set up through the FC-12 and say you play out and have to unhook the ev-1's from the fc-12 to travel do they have to be re calibrated and set up all over again? the quick guide does not specify

Once the EV-1's are set up through the FC-12 and say you play out and have to unhook the ev-1's from the fc-12 to travel do they have to be re calibrated and set up all over again? the quick guide does not specify
They should not, assuming you connect the same pedals to the same jacks.

They should not, assuming you connect the same pedals to the same jacks.
Right. As I understand it, you are just calibrating that pedal to that particular control path (jack, wires etc.)

I used to have a big heavy pedalboard, but got tired of hauling it, but I like to keep my setup clean, fast and simple, so I made a super light and fairly compact board just big enough to fit under my FC12 and 2 pedals (I have EB volume pedals). I never unplug them, everything is mounted and stays together, so all I do is plug in the FASlink. It's probably worth thinking about - since you mentioned aesthetics - you are probably fairly organized about things. It pays to have those pedals and cables secure like that. I made my board out of plexiglass actually. Looks sharp, it's light, and it's compact.

Back
Top Bottom