EV-1 problem

jimmynorrisjr

Experienced
One of my EV-1s is acting up. When you pull it all the way back, it goes to zero. When you take your foot off it doesn’t stay on zero. Anyone else see this before?

Had a similar issue a while back, turned out to be a bad cable. If you think its mechanical i'd pop the bottom plate off, should be easy to spot if there's something not right. Might just need a clean out.

Yes, had this problem too
I lifted the clamb that is pressing on the rocking part and pushed the peddle down and then released the clamb. That did it for me. Had to recalibrate in the fractal unit and good to go

Cheers 🍻

I had an issue earlier this year where one of my EV-1 pedals had a related but opposite issue. When I put the pedal in heel down position it would show zero but if I put any pressure on the heel down position (such as resting my foot on the pedal) it would randomly jump to near maximum controller value. The issue was not the cables or the modeler because I saw the same issues with both my FM9 and Axe-FX III using different cables.

I took a video demonstrating the issue and sent it to FAS support. I ended up sending the pedal to Fractal but their service technician was unable to reproduce the issue. Fractal's customer service is awesome. Their solution was to replace the pedal with a brand new EV-1 at no additional cost to me. I only paid the shipping of the faulty pedal to FAS and the standard bench fee (I bought the EV-1 used so I wasn't under warranty).

In some cases, a software or firmware update from the vehicle manufacturer can address sensor-related issues. Check if there are any available updates for your vehicle's electronic control systems and have them installed if applicable.
Think you're on the wrong forum pal.........

Back
Top Bottom