EV-1 pedal adjustment, hit and miss shutting off the Wah

leemhouk

Im having a hard time with one of my EV-1 pedals. Are there any adjustments for the heel position on the pedal itself? I have 2 other EV-1 pedals that behave normal if I swap them around.

The pedal calibration process is successful, but the pedal has an issue with heel down.

FC1 pedal calibration Sept 2  2020.jpeg

Wah source is set to FC 1, pedal 1.
13.03 firmware
FC12 firmware 1.11

Make sure you are hitting Enter on that screen and not Exit. The point of calibration is to correct any range offset in the physical pedal so you always get the full range in the controller.

When calibrating I stop 2-3% short of full toe and heel down. It takes a bit longer, finding out the full sweep range of the pedal first, but I've never had an issue with expression pedals since adopting this procedure.

Also, make sure your cable connecting your EV-1 is functioning properly. I have have issues calibrating and found it to be a cable with intermittent connection issue. Other gotchas I have experienced, make sure cables ends are fully seated and, if using any adapters to make a 45 degree connection, make sure they are fully seated and making a good connection.

I have tried all of these before but always good to try again so I did. So far so good. This has happened before.

When I have the Edit Modifier window open in Axe Edit, you could see the value jumping up and down. Currently it has stopped doing this.

Back
Top Bottom