EV-1 or EV-2

Lou

Inspired
I couldn't find a lot of discussion on this topic.

Can anyone chime in on the difference in using either? I don't have any experience with a smaller footprint pedal so I'm not sure how comfortable it is. I have a size 12 foot if that matters. Is the feel of the angle of your foot motion any different one versus the other?

The ev-2 is out of sotck at the moment so I might really only have one choice, but would like to hear what everyone likes/dislikes about them.

Thanks

I’ve gotten so used to the EV2 and love it. Used a boss fv500, similar to the EV1 and the pedal travel was way longer than I’m used to. So for what I do, EV2. But if you want the feel of a longer range of pedal travel, get the 1.

I have two of each. They are both fantastic. I use the EV1 pedals on my main touring board, controlling the AxeFX III. The size makes them very easy to use in dark situations. I use the EV2 pedals on my Ax8 rig. The smaller footprint is handy, and keeps my board a little more compact.

I did a video on them a while back that compares them. I am totally used to using the EV-2 live and would recommend it. I never miss having a larger pedal, and the small size is so great for transporting. I do use an EV-1 at the home studio and enjoy that too.

I have the 1 and just got 2 EV2s. I like the 2, but need to ensure that have enough space between them ao I don't accidentally do both. It still saves some spacr even considering that, and i may decide to keep the EV1 so that I'll have 4 total. I use the Mission spring loaded for wah, and Fractals for everything else.

thanks.

What model Mission is the one you are using? I assume you are using the spring model using auto engage so it goes to the off position when you move your foot?

thanks.

What model Mission is the one you are using? I assume you are using the spring model using auto engage so it goes to the off position when you move your foot?

It would depend on what midi controller you have I think. I'm sure it's either the EP-1 or the SP-1.
The SP-1 has the toe switch and the EP-1 doesn't. They are both available as a spring loaded version and you can use either model. I have an RJM MMGT controller so I went with the SP1-RJM version which is great feels just like a crybaby. I use the EV-1 for my global vol on my axe III. I prefer the feel of the EV-1 better than the EV-2 but it's still a great little expression pedal.

https://missionengineering.com/shop-2/products/expression/multi-use-exp/sp-1/

https://missionengineering.com/shop-2/products/expression/multi-use-exp/ep-1/

Last edited:
I like the feel of the EV 1 ,but because I needed the pedal board space The EV 2 fits great.
View attachment 53128
Hello Hoosierdaddy, I'm just thinking of changing my pedalboard and my two ev-1 pedals for some ev-2, can you tell me which templeboard model you use or what measurements it has? Is the action or displacement of the pedals comfortable in that space?It looks perfect for the configuration I have in mind, thank you very much.

Back
Top Bottom