EV-1 Mounting with Dual-Lock (Removing feet)

6L6C

Power User
Curious what you guys have done that have mounted your EV-1 with either Dual-Lock or Velcro.

I went to take the rubber feet off my EV-1’s to mount them with Dual-Lock but the screws won’t go in all the way, without the rubber feet there. Which is kind of funny since I have another board with 2 more EV-1’s removed the rubber feet and the screws went right in all the way.

Anyway---

Not a big deal just wondering what others have done: got different screws (if so what size), or just cut the existing screws down in length.

John

Mark at Fractal recommended the Dual Lock, but I decided to use the screws with my Furman SPB-8 pedalboard. I actually ended up needing longer screws due to the thickness of the pedalboard base, and the MFC screws ended up being the solution. Fractal sent me several sets.

Here is some relevant info from my correspondence with Fractal:

Q: I’m taking the feet off these to mount them to my pedalboard. Can I leave the screws out? If I have to put the screws back in, are there any depth issues since the feet won’t be there and they’ll be going another 1/8” or so into the chassis?

A: You will need to leave the screws in. If you use 3m Dual Lock you will clear the screw height. This is a much better solution than Velcro and will not get sticky over time.

A: The only screw that is close is the one for the foot closest to the Faslink connector (from top it is the top right side). It doesn't touch but it is close to a board inside. So we recommend using a shorter screw for that one or the longer one with a washer. The Dual Lock would still clear the screw and washer if you didn't find a shorter screw.

A: The EV-1 screw is an M3.5 with a 0.6 pitch.​

Back
Top Bottom