EV-1 heel down volume, sound briefly comes through

Chad Beattie

Experienced
I'm planning on contacting support but wanted to ask if anyone has had this issue to make sure I don't have a setting messed up. I have an EV-1 and on multiple occasions now I've had the volume all of the way down (heel down), and went to hit a note to do a swell and the initial note came through at full volume before moving the pedal. As soon as I started to move the pedal it cut out and then functioned as expected. I haven't experienced this on my EV-2 yet. I've calibrated it several times and that appears to be ok.

My Volume Taper to Log 20A. Here is a screen shot of my settings for the block.

Screen Shot 2019-05-26 at 8.58.53 PM.png

There are a number of recent threads about this kind of issue and certain expression pedals going past the end of the pot or skipping. Search those? It sounds like the pedal is creating some issues.

When you pull up a preset, the value stored in the preset is applied until you move the pedal. Then the pedal’s value is applied.

If you want your preset to start out with zero volume, you need to set zero as the value. First, remove the modifier from the value. Then set the value to zero. Then reattach the modifier. Don’t forget to Save!

Now your preset will load with zero volume.

When you pull up a preset, the value stored in the preset is applied until you move the pedal. Then the pedal’s value is applied.

That's true with PC Reset enabled, but it's off in the OP's screenshot.

Parameters can be adjusted with modifiers attached, BTW. (If the modifier source has control the adjustment wouldn't be audible, but the new value still gets stored.)

That's true with PC Reset enabled, but it's off in the OP's screenshot.

Parameters can be adjusted with modifiers attached, BTW. (If the modifier source has control the adjustment wouldn't be audible, but the new value still gets stored.)
Also, afaik, this only matters for MIDI modifiers, which only send a value when they are changed. An expression pedal is always sending values.

Also, afaik, this only matters for MIDI modifiers, which only send a value when they are changed. An expression pedal is always sending values.
I don't think that's a true statement... They send midi (usually) following a preset change, and then when they move.

PC Reset works with any source. It waits for some amount of change (5% I think) before letting the source take over, so repeated values (or Axe/FC constantly reading port value) don't really have an effect.

Back
Top Bottom