EV-1 expression pedal calibration problem

Henk

Hi all,
I have an EV-1, put it with a trs cable in pedal 1 jack and pedal 1 type set to continuous. With the slider at calibration almost nothing happens when moving the pedal from zero to full and back (sometimes only about 1 % ), same with another trs cable. Do you my EV-1 pedal is broken or could it be someting else ?

Hi all,
I have an EV-1, put it with a trs cable in pedal 1 jack and pedal 1 type set to continuous. With the slider at calibration almost nothing happens when moving the pedal from zero to full and back (sometimes only about 1 % ), same with another trs cable. Do you my EV-1 pedal is broken or could it be someting else ?
Are you certain it’s a TRS cable and not a normal instrument TS cable? Are you connected to the EXP jack of the EV1?

a trs cable (and tried another trs cable as well) from the ev1 expression jack to pedal 1, 2, 3 or 4 on the ax8

Do you have another expression pedal to try ? Both, AX8 and the pedal could be defective. In case you have a multimeter at home measure the resistance between the ring and the sleeve. It should change somewhere between 0 and 100 kOhm when moving the pedal. Repeat but this time measure the resistance between tip and ring. If either value doesn't change when moving the pedal the pedal is broken. If it does the AX8 is broken.

No change in kOhm when moving the pedal, is stays at 95 kOhm (with both cables) both ring-sleeve and tip-ring..(tip-sleeve stays at 0) so it must be the pedal then...

Last edited:
No change in kOhm when moving the pedal, is stays at 95 kOhm (with both cables) both ring-sleeve and tip-ring..(tip-sleeve stays at 0) so it must be the pedal then...
Have you taken off the bottom plate to confirm the pot is actually moving?

Same problem here happened today! Checked with multimeter, it ranges between 0 (0 deg and 90 deg) and 25kOhm (at 45 degrees). What else can I check?

Back
Top Bottom