EV-1 calibration fail

t0aj15

Power User
No matter what I do I can't get the needle to more than barely move when trying to calibrate my EV-1. No matter how many different TRS cables I try. I don't know what to try next.

You’re using the EXP port right?

What “needle” are you referring to? What are you calibrating it on?

What needle are you talking about? You didn’t mention the platform. You are sure you are using TRS cables and not TS cables correct?

Axe-Fx III, TRS cable, EXP port, everything as it should be, the needle I'm referring to is the slider in the orange calibration window, it barely moves when I "move the pedal through range of motion."

Are you sure they are TRS cables? Tip, ring, sleeve at both ends? Do you have the type set to Continuous? Did you try the other Exp Pedal input?

Are you sure they are TRS cables?
Tip, ring, sleeve at both ends?
Do you have the type set to Continuous?
Did you try the other Exp Pedal input?
Yes to the first three, and as for the forth I'm trying to use the pedal through the FC-6 and I have tried all four of those inputs with the same result.

Edit also tried both inputs on the Axe-Fx III itself and I get no movement of the slider at all.

Last edited:
Yes to the first three, and as for the forth I'm trying to use the pedal through the FC-6 and I have tried all four of those inputs with the same result.
are you calibrating on the FC menu (on the Axe) and not the page for the Axe Pedal ports?

what firmware version is the FC? (it appears when you power it on)

are you calibrating on the FC menu (on the Axe) and not the page for the Axe Pedal ports?

what firmware version is the FC? (it appears when you power it on)
Latest firmware.
Calibrating on the FC menu (on the Axe), but even when plugged directly into the AxeIII I still get nothing.

Latest firmware.
Calibrating on the FC menu (on the Axe), but even when plugged directly into the AxeIII I still get nothing.

page for the Axe Pedal ports? where do I find this?
Screen Shot 2019-04-05 at 9.51.40 AM.png

would you be down to share a quick picture of your TRS cable ends?

Been to that page, followed the instructions, nada. Believe me I know what TRS cable is and in fact I've tried several NEW and end up with same result.

if you're using working trs cables, trying all pedal ports and their corresponding calibration instance correctly, and using the Expression output of the EV1 and not the analog output, then there must be a problem with the EV1.

do you have any other pedal to try in those pedal ports?

chances are it's still the cables.

OK......it's the EV-! pedal that has apparently failed. I pulled out my old Cry Baby pedal that I modded to an exp pedal using a Mission mod kit and it's registering just fine.

Thanks for the help guys.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom