Euro Uber Flubby?

Hi all! I upgraded to FW11 and the uberschall sounds seriously boomy and flubby....way too much bottom end...and he bass is already at 10 o clock and the depth at 0.....anyone else experiencing this?

Here's my favourite way to reduce flub on any amp with V11:
Put a GEQ before the amp block and set it to 8-band. Reduce 80Hz by a bit e.g. -6dB and 160Hz by a bit less e.g. -3dB.
Boost the same GEQ sliders in the amp block by the same amount you reduced them in the previous step.
Instant de-flubbing, with full beefy tone! Works great if you like to crank the MV.

The presence control is your best friend with that amp, it has a very unique response compared to others. There are so many tools to reduce flub not counting the amp's GEQ/GEQ blocks. My go-to's are: 1. lower the bass/depth 2. raise the presence 3. up the treble/engage the bright switch 4. engage the cut switch. If none of those do it, a drive pedal such as the TS9, tube driver or super OD with maxed level and min. gain will tighten up the bottom end, not to mention you have access to a lo/hi cut in the drive block as well which is a big help. You can also lower the Low Frequency of the speaker cab in the amp/cab block which is not my preference because I do not like to change the basic character of the amp/speaker response, however it may be a viable option for you. Also with that amp and any other that play well with V30's (most of the high gainers), the factory 62 V30 cab is great for boom-free low end tones. Add an 87a mic and lower the mic distance if there is still not enough high end for you. You can try the amp voicing parameter in the advanced tab as well. Even with all of those solutions I've touched on maybe 40-50%, the wiki page will be a big help if none of those suggestions work for you.

I've got an Uberschall patch that I'm pretty satisfied with here. Just looked it up and as far as the bass settings go, I have zero depth, bass cut engaged with a value of 7.86, Input Drive at 4.44, MV at 2.20. Lowcut in the advanced tab at 160.4 Hz. Using factory cab #41 with no mic, proximity at 2.07 (Default proximity frequency), and the Hicut at 6019Hz. Flub free here.

Preamp Low cut in the advanced page is the thing for this amp. I ended up cutting bass everywhere where possible in this amp. Sounds great after that.

I used to use the Uber model before with my Ultra all the time. After I upgraded to the II I've found the bass overwhelming in this amp model (tried it on V8 and later). Does the real deal put out as much bass also? Any Uberschall users around?

Too much bass? Ehh, from Bogner's website:

"Just wait... we then unleash mayhem with the super aggressive high gain channel with gain, bass, middle, treble, volume and presence controls. You think you've heard BASS before, no way, the UBERSCHALL can crush on demand."

Yes i 've always found the EuroUber to be too bassy too... Anyway engage the Cut button and set the LoCut in Cab for instance and it should be ok.

My main VH type of patch in 10.12 was this amp model. (Yes I know it's not a Marshall :))

I started from factory preset #20 in 10.12.

I still can't quite get back to where I was in 10.12 using 11.01.

The low end does seem different and the gain structure seems different too. With my 10.12 settings in 11.01, both the gain and the feel are different to me.

I'm sure I can dial it in, just haven't had the quality time to mess with it much.

Well, here's how I go about it.

View attachment 17363
View attachment 17364

And here's how it sounds:

Probably way too much gain in the clip, but you get the idea. :lol

A bit of DAW EQ was used. HP at 88. LP at 7900. High shelf at about +9.5 at 20,000 to bring the sizzle back in after cutting the nasties. Little cut at 128 Hz, and a bit of a scoop at 265 and 700. If I were to use this in a mix I would likely process it through a multi-band compressor to eliminate some of the low mid hump on the palm mutes.

Try a different IR... it is my main amp, and have no problem with boominess, using CLR's or studio monitors... it pretty much KILLS...

What works for me is:

1. Turn down the bass knob to around 3.
2. Engage the cut switch.
3. Lower the first EQ band (possibly even the 2nd) in the amp GEQ. This may or may not be necessary depending on the cab used.

Is it better now with 11.03?

I had a tough time dialing the Uber in v11.01 (way too extreme settings and mucking in the advanced to get it to chug nicely). Haven't tried with v11.03 yet.

Last edited:
The Uber is my main amp... In v11b, there was a pronounced hump in the low end, v11 got rid of the low end bump and smoothed it out.. raw open, detailed, and balanced. v11.01 sounded half-way back in-between 11b and 11, with a more pronounced bump in the low end ( maybe one that cliff stated was referencing the wrong tone stack...? ). v11.03 has gone back to the balanced sound of v11... very nice... KILLS through my CLR's !

Back
Top Bottom