Euro Blue & Red - did they change? Now EL34?

Both the Euro Blue Mdrn and Euro Red Mdrn changed drastically in sound after the Cygnus update. This, combined with the change from 6L6 to EL34 tubes, makes me think the Cygnus models is based on a different/new XTC than in previous firmwares.

They did change for the better however, so no complaints here. I loved the old Euro Models, but the Cygnus Euro models are even better. They sound insanely good now!
100% agree - they sound just like the real deal now. That’s why when I got asked to submit a Cygnus Fractal Factory Preset I picked the XTC model so people could hear how insanely great and useful that amp model is!

100% agree - they sound just like the real deal now. That’s why when I got asked to submit a Cygnus Fractal Factory Preset I picked the XTC model so people could hear how insanely great and useful that amp model is!
Thank you, I love your XTC preset, one of my favorites!
Cheers
Sash

After the release of Cygnus, I went through all amp models and added the type of power tubes to the wiki page. The Euro used to be 6L6s, and now is EL34s. So the info on the wiki page wasn't wrong, it has been updated.

I owned the real EL34 amp (Classic) as well as the 6L6 amp (20th Ann). Loved both but in the end I preferred the 6L6 version by a slight margin, being less "wooly".

Having said that, I really love Fractal's current model (EL34).

I have had both versions as well. I started with EL34 and then asked them to mod it to 6L6. The 6L6 version is more open and balanced. I found EL34's to be too boxy in the midrange. From talking to Jorg at Bogner I was told the amp was designed around 6L6 power tubes because the components used already produced a lot of midrange frequencies.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom