Eurekaprom vs Uno

Hey guys I'm new to the forum and I just bought an Axe Fx II XL. So far I love it and I'm interested in buying the Behringer FCB 1010 foot controller.

However I've read that the recommended usage for foot controller involves buying one of two chips, the Eurekaprom or Uno.

This is probably an old discussion but I would be grateful if someone could explain the difference and pros and cons.

Thank you in advance.

Before you go and do the upgrades, I would "test" the FCB out. I had a friend that had one and we tried programming it for his AXE and things didn't go quite as planned. The biggest problem was the pedals staying calibrated and not jumping all over the place, etc.

Yeah I reposted it here.

Anyway. Isn't that why people get the uno or eureka? I heard that it's way too difficult to program a stock fcb hence getting the upgrades.

I went ahead an ordered the Fcb and probably gonna get the eureka 3. Seems like a lot of people have good things to say about it.

I have been using the FCB with EurekaProm 3.2 for 9 months and feel that it works extremely well out of the box. Any modifications you want to make (e.g. changes which effects to turn off and on in Effects Mode and assigning patches in Favourite mode) are easy to do with just a few taps of the footswitches. Other than the limited display, which only shows patch number, there is really not much more I wish that it could do.

I have the uno chip and did the Phantom power mod...it works great been using it live with my old rack system for years now problems. I just got a used ultra and it is working fine switches quick all cc work and expression pedals are set. Another thing that I like about the fcb is that it has relay switches for any other external gear if required. Don't worry for the price it's hard to complain.

Using a Uno for the last 6 years and no problems whatsoever. Don't spend your energy and time by programming the FCB manually, it's a pain in the ass and will demotivate you from using what is a good unit. Better get yourself any midi interface and use Ripwerx, it's amazingly easy with that to program your FCB. Or get some of the sysex files avaible on a few threads on the forum.

I think both Uno or Eureka are valuable options.

I have the uno chip and did the Phantom power mod...it works great been using it live with my old rack system for years now problems. I just got a used ultra and it is working fine switches quick all cc work and expression pedals are set. Another thing that I like about the fcb is that it has relay switches for any other external gear if required. Don't worry for the price it's hard to complain.

How do you program and use the relay switches to use a foot switch. At the moment I have a footswitch programmed to use the input on the axe but would prefer a shorter cable near the FCB1010.
Thanks nick mix

Back
Top Bottom