EurekaProm 3.2 Tuner Issue

stringrazor

Inspired
I just got a EurekaProm 3.2 for ,y Axe/Fx II and 2nd FBC1010 (I've been using another with the Uno chip for years). The 3.2 chip has a new feature that reflects the Axe's tuner onto the FCB display. The display will show the note and next to it on the left, a + for sharp, - for flat, or blank for in tune. It worked for a while but now it just shows a static "Tu". The Axe tuner function does get turned on/off but FCB pedal 10 LED stays dark and the display stay static. I tried re-initializing but it didn't have any affect. Anyone else run into this? I'm wondering of the chip has malfunctioned.

So far, I'm less than thrilled with the architecture of the EurekaProm. It seems neither Behringer, Uno, nor Eureka functions are fully satisfying, to me anyway. Each has some great features but also some glaring holes. The fact that the EurekaProm has dedicated functions for hardware I don't have is a pretty big waste of resources. They are somewhat programmable and could perhaps be useful but the other modes can't be accessed in a live situation since it requires power cycling while holding down two pedals.

Turns out the problem was caused by the Axe/FX II I/O MIDI SEND REALTIME SYSEX etting was set to NONE. Setting it to ALL or TUNER restored the function at the pedal. Not sure how it got changed because I was not familiar with the setting.

Still trying to chase down another EP chip issue. In "EF" - Effects mode with 2 MIDI cables connected, the EP chip can determine the state of Axe/FX II blocks and if the the CC# used for bypass or X/Y state is configured, the LED for those pedals will track the appropriate block's bypass or X/Y state. It's not working for AMP1 X/Y. The pedal will change the state but the LED isn't tracking the state.

Back
Top Bottom