EU pricing abuse from G66

Voron

Hey guys! This post is for a Fractal sales guys :)

I just had mail from Sussi Isler from G66 because I was in waiting list for a FX8.
So was excited and went to their website to check price.

1600€ !!!!!!!! it's just 1750$

I understand that there are taxes etc... but I find this price completely abused.

I think your sales-mans or maybe G66 completely forgot that we have G-System alternative for about 900€

Sorry guys but I thins it's totally abused price. :(

Abuse? Price is price. If you don't want it, don't buy it.
If you buy an overseas product, there are (expensive) shipping costs, taxes etc.

Do not accuse G66. They are among the best in the business. Their support is stellar and worth paying for.

I understand that there are taxes etc...

I don't think you do.

Let's calculate ... An Fx8 cost 1350 US dollars.

To get it to EU cheap let's say that cost 100 dollars - so now we're at 1450 US dollars.

Here in DK the duty is around 4% - that's 1508 US dollars - but wait - there is more - VAT! Here in Denmark that's 25%.

So now we're at 1885 US dollars - and then the postal services wants around 30 us dollars handling the duty etc.

So that would end up in 1915 us dollars delivered at the door here in Denmark.

Apart from that - G-system? really ... you want to compare it to that? I don't think you know what you are talking about here.

G'day Voron,
It's a global thing mate - just pay the money or don't. I recently paid around $3600 for an axe fx II xl+ ....unfortunately, once you take local transport, service, taxes, etc it really adds up.
Thanks
Pauly

I just had mail from Sussi Isler from G66 because I was in waiting list for a FX8.

I understand that there are taxes etc... but I find this price completely abused.

I think your sales-mans or maybe G66 completely forgot that we have G-System alternative for about 900€

That is nothing bro. Being a Brazilian I think that the G66 price is fair. Consider, import costs, payment of taxes and of course profit. Do you know how much is the cost for an AXE FX II here in Brazil? US$ 4,000.00. This is unfair. Luckily I had my AXE FX II bought in the US and brought to Brazil, hand carried. I do not know how much will the FX8 cost here though.

Last edited:
The price from G66 is fair , taking in consideration all that was said , shipping cost , custom duty , country VAT . Voron should consider himself lucky to be one of the first owners of a FX8 in Europe , but his post looks more like someone I might know....

You could always go for the Helix, that suprisingly costs the same in euros as in dollars... [emoji52]

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

$1350, well when you add the 20% VAT you're already at $1620, which is 1480€ at today's rate.
Then you add the sipping costs and taxes when importing from USA, and 1600€ is pretty low as g66 will have to handle product returns/repairs etc... on their own money !
Plus, you get your FX8 shipped to you for only 5€, and i think the real shipping cost would be around 40 or 50€. You can try to estimate a shipping with UPS to Germany and you'll see ;)

So, they absolutely don't abuse, and far from that i think they don't earn enough money for the excellent job they're doing...

Ok, you might want to argue that they probably don't buy the FX8 at $1350 from FAS... who knows ?

It's not just shipping and taxes. G66 also provides support on that side of the pond. They have a staff that like to get paid every now and again just like the folks on Cliff's team. That money has to come from somewhere.

Also, you can't compare the FX8 to the G-System. The G-System is, for all intents and purposes, discontinued (hasn't had an update for several years) even though you can still buy a new one. It also does not contain any drive sounds. I was contemplating a G-System until I saw the FX8 and I am now on the waiting list with G66. I have seen the price and in no way think it is unfair or in any way abusive.

My only decision is whether to go for the FX8 or go all in and get an Axe II XL+ but that is a discussion for another thread or more likely an internal discussion between I, myself and me!!

i have to say the service from g66 is top drawer,i cannot fault the dealings i had with them.

as for the price,i thought £1100 gbp(approx) was pretty good when you consider the 20% vat here in the uk.

if i hadnt already been a g system user i would have stuck with the fx8.i only use the back end of the g through the amps loops and was so looking forward to being able to use fx in front of the amp with the fx8 but to me the fx8 had limitations and so does the g.
if someone could make a unit with the best parts of the g and best bits of the fx8 i would buy one!

Hey, I'm in Canada, just across the border from New York state. With the exchange rate at the moment (1 Can$ = US$0.76), US$1350 equates to Can$1771. Then add 13% when it comes in to Canada = Can$2000. A few months ago, when the US$ = Can$, I would have only paid US$1350 + 13% tax = Can$1525. So I've paid nearly Can$500 more than I would have done a few months back. Am I pissed off? No, it's not worth worrying about. It is what it is; you either pay it or you don't. You cannot make comparisons across the pond regarding exchange rates. Example: PRS Custom 24 in the US is US$3000 = 1937 GB Pounds. Cost of same guitar in England = 2700 GB Pounds, 763 GB pounds more.

This has nothing to do with Fractal; it's exchange rates in a volatile currency market. Suck it up and pay it or buy something else, you have a choice.

Hey, I'm in Canada, just across the border from New York state. With the exchange rate at the moment (1 Can$ = US$0.76), US$1350 equates to Can$1771. Then add 13% when it comes in to Canada = Can$2000. A few months ago, when the US$ = Can$, I would have only paid US$1350 + 13% tax = Can$1525. So I've paid nearly Can$500 more than I would have done a few months back. Am I pissed off? No, it's not worth worrying about. It is what it is; you either pay it or you don't. You cannot make comparisons across the pond regarding exchange rates. Example: PRS Custom 24 in the US is US$3000 = 1937 GB Pounds. Cost of same guitar in England = 2700 GB Pounds, 763 GB pounds more.

This has nothing to do with Fractal; it's exchange rates in a volatile currency market. Suck it up and pay it or buy something else, you have a choice.

I'm in Canada too. $2kplus Canadian to get my FX8. I'm still loving it. So if you're whining about European pricing, I feel for you but you're not alone.

Well, ich you buy directly from the US: add shipping costs and around 25 % for import tax + customs (of the price plus shipping costs by the way) and then you will find the price is fair.

Well, ich you buy directly from the US: add shipping costs and around 25 % for import tax + customs (of the price plus shipping costs by the way) and then you will find the price is fair.
Sorry for repeating some stuff here, my post was meant to be one of the early ones in this thread, but I was on vacation and sent it from Italy. Took days to arrive :))

I think that the FX8 replaces a lot of external pedals. This justifies the price to me. I sold a couple of Strymon pedals and a couple of drive pedals when I funded my purchase.
G66 is a great company and their customer service is stellar.

Back
Top Bottom