Wish Ethernet connection!

Andrew Anton

I need to be able to connect, edit, talk to the AXEFXIII from all over the studio without being tied to a USB connection. I have too many devices which could do with a web based connection rather than USB. Can I get a hardware update CatV connection please?

A way of accessing AXEDIT over the network would work if I can't get a CATV port emailed to me.

Last edited:
Probably. I,m looking into that but it will cost obviously.
If AXEDIT was web based and the unit came with a CATV connection there would be no extra hardware required.
I'm probably being greedy but realised this straight away when it arrived.

Thank you for your reply Toopy.

I wish there was an ethernet connection on the Axe 3 for streaming low latency audio across the internet to fascillitate jamming with friends. Something like what Jamkazam and Jamulus attempt to do but without the PC in the middle.

I wish there was an ethernet connection on the Axe 3 for streaming low latency audio across the internet to fascillitate jamming with friends. Something like what Jamkazam and Jamulus attempt to do but without the PC in the middle.
Where would the audio go once it hits the router?

Where would the audio go once it hits the router?

My Axe FX III <—> Cablemodem Router <—> Internet <—> Friends Router <—> Friend’s Axe FX III (Input 3/4)

Likewise his audio would come to my AxeFX III Input 3/4. We’d need to know and configure our public facing IP addresses within the Axe FX so it knows where to send the traffic. The Axe FX III ethernet port would be both input and output. It would listen on a defined port for input.

Likely this wouldnt work well enough to be useful due to network latency. Two people using the same ISP in the same town might get 15 millisecond or better latency I’d figure.

I’m imagining something like what I read Dante devices do but over a public routed network. Both users would likely need to open up their NAT firewall to forward certain ports.

Rather than go the Zoom or Jamkazam route was thinking of setting up two Linux boxes running TRX (http://www.pogo.org.uk/~mark/trx/ ) and just using the SPDIF outputs on the Axe FX. But even a cheap Linux PC/NUC would be $300.
And we’d need two to experiment.

I realize the dream of streaming sub 15 msec audio over the public internet is probably a decade away. And that adding another hardware port to the Axe FX for such a limited niche use is not happening.

I need to be able to connect, edit, talk to the AXEFXIII from all over the studio without being tied to a USB connection. I have too many devices which could do with a web based connection rather than USB. Can I get a hardware update CatV connection please?

A way of accessing AXEDIT over the network would work if I can't get a CATV port emailed to me.
The closest thing you’ll get is setting up a Dante network in your studio, and adding a Dante input/output module for the Axe FX. This would get you audio to and from other devices on the network. You could use a stereo AES/EBU input/output device or a multi-channel analog I/O device if you want to connect more of the Axe FX’s ins and outs. For remote control away from a computer with USB, you could screen share from a tablet to the computer that is connected to the Axe, or use FracPad, as others mentioned.

My Axe FX III <—> Cablemodem Router <—> Internet <—> Friends Router <—> Friend’s Axe FX III (Input 3/4)

Likely this wouldnt work well enough to be useful due to network latency. Two people using the same ISP in the same town might get 15 millisecond or better latency I’d figure.
Even if you achieved 15 ms packet latency, it takes time to assemble those packets into an audio stream.

Back
Top Bottom