Ethercon or Ethernet ?

volfoni91

Hello dear all,

Please, could you tell me if you use a standard Ethernet wire between your MFC 101 and the Axe Fx II or
do you use the G66 Ethercon wire ?
Thank you for your advice,

cheers

Please, could you tell me if you use a standard Ethernet wire between your MFC 101 and the Axe Fx II or
do you use the G66 Ethercon wire ?

Personally I would invest in the Ethercon cable as that is what I have without any issues. The cable is specifically engineered for the devices so it will (should) work every time:

Fractal Audio

Good luck mate!

The only difference between a Cat 5 /6 cable and an ethercon is that the ethercon has a more robust connector on the end - either one will work but the ethercon is supposed to withstand the harsher environment of constantly connecting/disconnecting (i.e playing live). Go with an ethercon cable designed for stage use. I got this one from stagestore.ca and I used it every weekend for the last 1.5yrs with no issues. Ethercon Cable - 25' DURACAT-25NN - StageStore.ca - your Canadian source for Theatrical Supplies

The only difference between a Cat 5 /6 cable and an ethercon is that the ethercon has a more robust connector on the end - either one will work but the ethercon is supposed to withstand the harsher environment of constantly connecting/disconnecting (i.e playing live).

Correct and it does withstand harsh environments. The key to the decision is that the cable is designed for the MFC. Cat 5/6 cables can cause some interesting behaviors on the MFC according to some posts I've read on here. Your call though!

The key to the decision is that the cable is designed for the MFC. Cat 5/6 cables can cause some interesting behaviors on the MFC according to some posts I've read on here.
Any Cat 5 or Cat 6 cable will work, as long as all eight conductors are used (the connectors are transparent, so you can see at a glance whether they're all there). Some older Cat 5 cables only had four conductors connected.

You can buy some Neutrik Ethercon adapters that simply attach over a standard CAT5/5e style connector. They cost about $3 and require no special tools or soldering etc.

Back
Top Bottom