eta on anything ported from the 3?

Metal1993

Inspired
Its been a few months since anything has been updated on the 2 and I know the 3 has come out and that is the priority of course. But there must be some kind of eta as far as anything from the 3 being ported over even if its simply one thing like the tri chours. It would be nice to know where things stand, if its going to be 6 months then ok, but it would be nice to know that is all.

Well considering this is charity work being done not for the needy but for privelaged individuals at the most busy/exciting/critical time of the company's existence...

I dont plan on holding my breath and in fact i think the update has happened way too early. People got too excited when they heard the name ares and kept pushing for it at a time when the main differences in how the two units' amp models compared was due to hardware differences.

Last edited:
I’m not saying it won’t happen, but i haven’t seen anything mentioned that specifically says the II will get a tri-chorus sooner or later.

Some improvements in modeling based on Ares, but not specifically Ares, is all I’ve seen.

Again, I don’t know what will or won’t happen, but I wouldn’t hold your breathe counting on something like the tri-chorus because it’s never been specifically promised.

I hope this thread doesn't degenerate. I'm always gobsmacked when people start throwing around words like 'entitled', 'privilege', or worst of all 'first world problems' and think it will elevate the dialog.

Wording aside, JJunkie is on the right track. Fractal must be all hands on deck working on completing the III family of products. Cliff has promised further updates to the earlier II/AX8 platform when possible. It's impossible to know when that will be, but Fractal has a solid track record of delivering far more than expected and certainly of making good on their commitments. It will happen.

You know, they may not port it because Q9.04 is stable and bug-free (as far as I know, anyway), and any update may introduce bugs that they have to chase down and iterate on... while their priorities are now on the III.
It’s not killing me; Q9.04 is great, and there are still untold depths to be plumbed. The Axe-Fx II reminds me of the Kurzweil K2000: the product is so deep, you can never get to the end of it.

Honestly I'd just be happy if they fixed the Axe Edit communication timeout error that's been happening since Q8 or at least explained why it happens. I'm happy with Q9.04, if we get more goodies, great but I'm not too bothered about it, I'll buy the Axe 3 if I want new features anyway.

Honestly I'd just be happy if they fixed the Axe Edit communication timeout error that's been happening since Q8 or at least explained why it happens.

I have literally never had this issue so it might be specific to some USB controllers on your computer, USB power save settings or something like that. I have had a lot of issues with some older motherboards that had both Intel and 3rd party USB controllers. The 3rd party ones always had weird problems so I used the Intel ports for Axe-Fx when I could.

As for Ares things getting ported, I wouldn't expect anything until later this year. Fractal has their hands full trying to get Axe-Edit out and squashing bugs in III.

I have literally never had this issue so it might be specific to some USB controllers on your computer, USB power save settings or something like that.

Oh you've ever had it?

You never having it != data, sorry, that's not how software bugs work

It's a macbook. Running OSX High Sierra, stock. It's not possible for me to change motherboards or graphics cards or whatever. Also if you look in the Axe Edit forum, loads of people are having the same issue, Fractal acknowledged it was a bug. Also why would it have only appeared after a certain firmware update?

Last edited:
Oh you've ever had it?

You never having it != data, sorry, that's not how software bugs work

It's a macbook. Running OSX High Sierra, stock. It's not possible for me to change motherboards or graphics cards or whatever. Also if you look in the Axe Edit forum, loads of people are having the same issue, Fractal acknowledged it was a bug. Also why would it have only appeared after a certain firmware update?

I never said it wasn't a real bug, just throwing some things that might cause it. I understand your frustration. OSX High Sierra is also a huge bag of bugs based on my work MBP so I would not be surprised if it caused some issues too. If they have not fixed it yet means it might be something hard to replicate.

Also good luck to Cliff with the surgery and recovery!

I never said it wasn't a real bug, just throwing some things that might cause it. I understand your frustration. OSX High Sierra is also a huge bag of bugs based on my work MBP so I would not be surprised if it caused some issues too. If they have not fixed it yet means it might be something hard to replicate.

Also good luck to Cliff with the surgery and recovery!

Yeah, this has been going on since Q7/8 so it's crossed multiple versions of OSX and Windows now.

It's not a show stopper, just a minor irritant. I'll be buying a III when it's available in the EU anyway.

Also, get well soon Cliff!

Back
Top Bottom