Esoteric RCB

KJR321

Anyone use this boost? I have a real xotic RC and I'm having a little trouble matching it on the axe-fx. Seems like I have to really turn up the level of Esoteric RCB on axe-fx to match the real one. Am I doing something wrong? I notice that on the BB preamp (axe-fx model) I have to turn down the level a bit to match my real BB preamp pedal. Any ideas?

In the last update they changed the gain structure. Said its correct now. I used to use it on several patches but feel its unusable now. Just to get it to unity gain I have to turn up the output volume to 9....leaving no headroom to push the amps front-end.

I did a thread in 'Bugs', but was told they intended it to act like that.

I think it's broke.

I've got the real RC and AC Plus pedals by Exotic. The FAS model works well for me and you might want try the BB Pre too - that one is very versatile.

Don't hesitate to put your real RC in front of the AXE. I just did that with a Wampler Dual Fusion pedal which gelled really nicely with the AXE's Fender and Vox models. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I have the AC+, too. But the point is the AxII RCB and ACB drives no longer work like the pedals at all.

Very weak output.

In the last update they changed the gain structure. Said its correct now. I used to use it on several patches but feel its unusable now. Just to get it to unity gain I have to turn up the output volume to 9....leaving no headroom to push the amps front-end.

I did a thread in 'Bugs', but was told they intended it to act like that.

I think it's broke.

I think you are wright: Updated to 15.02. and dailed in some patches during the weekend. The RC doesn't act and sound as it used to be. Loved it in older firmware - not so much now... What a pitty: It used to be my favorite Booster. Own the original as well and now I am considering pulling it out of the tray and place it in front of the axe...

Anybody else having difficulties?

Previous firmware, it had too much level. this firmware it has much less. I haven't compared it to mine since the update, but it I have to to it up the level to 8-10 to get it where it was before.

This is obviously a beta tester failure..........get your act together boys or you will be replaced!!! lol

I've got the real RC and AC Plus pedals by Exotic. The FAS model works well for me and you might want try the BB Pre too - that one is very versatile.

Don't hesitate to put your real RC in front of the AXE. I just did that with a Wampler Dual Fusion pedal which gelled really nicely with the AXE's Fender and Vox models. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the "real" RC and BB preamp pedals. Right now I'd rather use them than the axe-fx models. They sound great in front of the axe-fx. I was hoping to pack them away if I could get similar results with the axe-fx models.

Previous firmware if the gain was around six (on the RCB) you would have unity gain on output volume around 5 or 5.5. This is how nearly all other (virtual) drives work.

I spent last weekend changing out all of the ACB and RCB drives from my patches because they're just lame now.

This is obviously a beta tester failure..........get your act together boys or you will be replaced!!! lol

ahhh no its not. It was noted during beta testing phase. As has been said, Cliff stated it was intended to be that way.
This is obviously an assumption failure on your part.... get your act together or you will be replaced :)

It would be nice to have a feature, in the advanced settings, for double output level, which is a common mod for pedals. Something simple like 1x and 2x.

ahhh no its not. It was noted during beta testing phase. As has been said, Cliff stated it was intended to be that way.
This is obviously an assumption failure on your part.... get your act together or you will be replaced :)

lol.....Cliff obviously has a faulty version of this pedal that he is comparing his model against!

Get your act together Cliff or you will.......um...err.........well you can't be replaced so we'll just hope for a fix in the next update!

Oh yeah........crack the whip on dem beta boyz & tell them not to point the finger at you again....

I use the AC in almost all my patches and don't have issues. My level is on 7, drive around 3-4. Sounds pretty much just like my old AC plus

It would be nice to have a feature, in the advanced settings, for double output level, which is a common mod for pedals. Something simple like 1x and 2x.

Just put a filter set to null, a parametric eq, or a graphic eq after the drive and set the level a little higher....

Use the same block but change the type to LED.

It's almost eerily like the RC Boost. And yes, I owned the RC Boost.

I just tested it is vs my RC boost. With the modeled one's drive at 5 and level at 5 to get a comparable level on the real thing with the gain at 10:00; I have to set the volume on the real thing at about 7:00-7:30 (very low)
With the modeled one's drive at 5 and level at 10 to get a comparable level on the real thing with the gain at 10:00; I have to set the volume on the real thing at about 11:30-12:00 (almost 1/2 way).

That being said, going on the real thing from half way to full only gains you a little more boost. Also, at full drive and full level they are ~ equivalent in level.

It may very well just be different tapers on the drive and levels than on the real thing.

Reactions: yek
Use the same block but change the type to LED.

It's almost eerily like the RC Boost. And yes, I owned the RC Boost.

Tried it tonight. LED setting helps, but need to turn drive and level up much more on the model to match the real pedal. i.e., I've got the real pedal gain at 8:00, volume 12:00.
The model drive is 6 and level 9.

Back
Top Bottom