ERROR!

USMC_Trev

Axe-Master
I updated MFC Edit and now everything is all 6's and 7's. The license field was redded out, and I though I had dealt with this but maybe not. So I went back into my emails and found the license key from March 6, 2015 and typed it in, hit save, and I get this:
Screen Shot 2016-01-14 at 8.31.38 PM.png

What am I supposed to do with this? I never got an email with a "license key file attachment".

I updated MFC Edit and now everything is all 6's and 7's. The license field was redded out, and I though I had dealt with this but maybe not. So I went back into my emails and found the license key from March 6, 2015 and typed it in, hit save, and I get this:
View attachment 29584

What am I supposed to do with this? I never got an email with a "license key file attachment".
Sorry for the grief USMC_Trev. This is because I changed the license model to conform to FAS' other products with the release of MFC-Edit v5.0. People who have the license-key attachment are fine. Early adopters of the program who don't already have their license key entered need to contact support for a new Registration Code - guess I need to enhance the error message o_O. It doesn't happen very often but that's no consolation to you. I happened to be on the forum so I'll PM you a Registration code and you're good to go. Watch for the Private Message please.

UPDATE LATER TODAY:
Well, I got rid of that even. Now there are no error messages or pop-up windows. The Registration Code window will automatically detect the entry of the "legacy" license-key and automatically convert it. I think that is much easier on the user.

Last edited:
Sorry for the grief USMC_Trev. This is because I changed the license model to conform to FAS' other products with the release of MFC-Edit v5.0. People who have the license-key attachment are fine. Early adopters of the program who don't already have their license key entered need to contact support for a new Registration Code - guess I need to enhance the error message o_O. It doesn't happen very often but that's no consolation to you. I happened to be on the forum so I'll PM you a Registration code and you're good to go. Watch for the Private Message please.
Thanks man! good lookin' out. I appreciate it.

"Where's the gimp?"
"He's sleeping"
"Well, wake him up"

Thanks again for your assistance. I have only used MFC edit a few times, so every contact with it seems like the first time.

Well, I got rid of that even. Now there are no error messages or pop-up windows. The Registration Code window will automatically detect the entry of the "legacy" license-key and automatically convert it. I think that is much easier on the user.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom