Error Installing MFC Edit

bread

Power User
Just purchased and installed MFC Edit, on my Mac running El Capitan.

I get an error saying I need to install the Java SDK and when prompted for my code that was emailed to me, it says "incorrect administrator log in".

Any ideas ?

Thanks

Just purchased and installed MFC Edit, on my Mac running El Capitan.

I get an error saying I need to install the Java SDK and when prompted for my code that was emailed to me, it says "incorrect administrator log in".

Any ideas ?

Thanks

For install use your computer's admin password (probably your account password you use to login, or install any other software). The Applications folder on OS X systems for the past several years have been owned by the admin group, so installers need escalated permissions to write files there.

Once the software is installed, then you wnter the code that was sent to you when prompted in order to have the software license registration activated.

Thanks- i got it sorted. It was my daughters mac originally and then I inherited it so its a bit of a mess. Turns out there was no administrator password set and therefore couldn't change it using the "resetpassword" command in terminal (she couldn't remember it).

Trick was to create one then change it and then it worked fine.

Thanks for the reply

Back
Top Bottom