Error 17 when trying to update mfc101 fw

primerib

Windows 8, USB to midi connection.

I'm using MIDI-OX to send to the MFC. But when I start sending the sysex, the MFC shows Error 17. any ideas?

never mind. found it in the manual:

Invalid Manufacturer ID
The image is for a device that is not manufactured by Fractal Audio Systems. Verify
that the correct firmware image is being transmitted. If the image is for the correct
device, then the image may be corrupted

Did you ever fix this? I'm getting it now and don't know what to do.

Brand new midi cable from out of Axe to in of MFC MK III

USB adapter set to on.

Real time Sysex turned to none.

Power pack that came with MFC plugged in while pressing button #1. (no Ethernet cable used)

FW mode enabled.

Initialize update using Fractal-Bot with FW 3.5 MKIII with Fractal bot at 90 ms midi buffer.

I get 0% for half a second followed by ERROR 17 with a message that says "reboot MFC before attempting another update.

Reboot the MFC and see ERROR 14.

Reboot with #1 pressed to get to FW mode and it works each time. I've tried the above 4 times using different buffer settings. I can't get it to update. Any ideas for me? Thanks in advance.

Update on the above: I re-downloaded the firmware and everything went in on the first try. No issues or errors at this time and everything seems to be perfect. The only thing that was odd was I decided to leave my midi buffers on Fractal-Bot set to default which was 300 ms. I must have had a corrupt version of the firmware or something....whatever the case, all is well.

I had this error because I tried to install a Mark III firmware on a Mark II model. This doesn't work! :D
Maybe it's the same problem here? A model mixup?

I had this error because I tried to install a Mark III firmware on a Mark II model. This doesn't work! :D
Maybe it's the same problem here? A model mixup?

Haha I hear ya there. No, I was totally on with the right firmware and made sure I didn't have any alcohol and was totally focused. LOL! I'm really terrified to update the pedal-board. The last time I tried was the first day I got it. I used it for 4 hours and it fried. Fractal of course fixed it and sent it back at warp speed....but this time, I was overly cautious. Not sure what could have happened but re-downloading and installing seemed to fix it. I must have thanked God 300 times for allowing it to work. LOL! Ah once more...thank you God! :)

Keep having error 17 and can't update :( please help
Are you getting error 17 or 14? You've posted in two threads for different error codes.

Which one are you getting?

As mentioned above, if you are getting 17 then you are trying to send an incompatible FW.

Which model MFC do you have? Did you download the FW that is correct for that model?

Are you getting error 17 or 14? You've posted in two threads for different error codes.

Which one are you getting?

As mentioned above, if you are getting 17 then you are trying to send an incompatible FW.

Which model MFC do you have? Did you download the FW that is correct for that model?
SOLVEEEEEEEEEED
Couldn´t install the FW with my ax fx 2 xl plus as a midi interface, so i tried as last resource to install the FW to the MFC MK3 using my own audio interface, on a macbook pro, using fractal bot at 300 ms and WORKEEEEED hope this help you guys.

Got the same issue, downloaded the firmware multiple times, I get 'Error 17' every time I try, tried every speed from 10ms to 1000ms, never seems to make any difference except how fast the error message comes up. It's running firmware 0.15 at the moment, so must never have been updated. I'm starting to wonder if that's the issue.

Back
Top Bottom