1. We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.
    Dismiss Notice

Error 17 when trying to update mfc101 fw

Discussion in 'MFC Discussion' started by primerib, Sep 18, 2013.

1. primerib

primerib
    Expand Collapse
    Regular

Windows 8, USB to midi connection.

I'm using MIDI-OX to send to the MFC. But when I start sending the sysex, the MFC shows Error 17. any ideas?

2. primerib

primerib
    Expand Collapse
    Regular

never mind. found it in the manual:

Invalid Manufacturer ID
    The image is for a device that is not manufactured by Fractal Audio Systems. Verify
    that the correct firmware image is being transmitted. If the image is for the correct
    device, then the image may be corrupted

3. Danny Danzi

Danny Danzi
    Expand Collapse
    Forum Addict

Did you ever fix this? I'm getting it now and don't know what to do.

Brand new midi cable from out of Axe to in of MFC MK III

USB adapter set to on.

Real time Sysex turned to none.

Power pack that came with MFC plugged in while pressing button #1. (no Ethernet cable used)

FW mode enabled.

Initialize update using Fractal-Bot with FW 3.5 MKIII with Fractal bot at 90 ms midi buffer.

I get 0% for half a second followed by ERROR 17 with a message that says "reboot MFC before attempting another update.

Reboot the MFC and see ERROR 14.

Reboot with #1 pressed to get to FW mode and it works each time. I've tried the above 4 times using different buffer settings. I can't get it to update. Any ideas for me? Thanks in advance.

4. Danny Danzi

Danny Danzi
    Expand Collapse
    Forum Addict

Update on the above: I re-downloaded the firmware and everything went in on the first try. No issues or errors at this time and everything seems to be perfect. The only thing that was odd was I decided to leave my midi buffers on Fractal-Bot set to default which was 300 ms. I must have had a corrupt version of the firmware or something....whatever the case, all is well.

5. painkiller

painkiller
    Expand Collapse
    Inspired

I had this error because I tried to install a Mark III firmware on a Mark II model. This doesn't work! :D
    Maybe it's the same problem here? A model mixup?

6. Danny Danzi

Danny Danzi
    Expand Collapse
    Forum Addict

Haha I hear ya there. No, I was totally on with the right firmware and made sure I didn't have any alcohol and was totally focused. LOL! I'm really terrified to update the pedal-board. The last time I tried was the first day I got it. I used it for 4 hours and it fried. Fractal of course fixed it and sent it back at warp speed....but this time, I was overly cautious. Not sure what could have happened but re-downloading and installing seemed to fix it. I must have thanked God 300 times for allowing it to work. LOL! Ah once more...thank you God! :)

7. masiel

masiel
    Expand Collapse
    New here

Keep having error 17 and can't update :( please help

8. unix-guy

unix-guy
    Expand Collapse
    Axe-Master

Are you getting error 17 or 14? You've posted in two threads for different error codes.

Which one are you getting?

As mentioned above, if you are getting 17 then you are trying to send an incompatible FW.

Which model MFC do you have? Did you download the FW that is correct for that model?

masiel likes this.
  9. masiel

masiel
    Expand Collapse
    New here

SOLVEEEEEEEEEED
    CouldnĀ“t install the FW with my ax fx 2 xl plus as a midi interface, so i tried as last resource to install the FW to the MFC MK3 using my own audio interface, on a macbook pro, using fractal bot at 300 ms and WORKEEEEED hope this help you guys.

unix-guy likes this.