Error 14 - help

Starfighter

Experienced
Error 14 - help (solved)

Hello

I've tried updating my MFC-101 from 2.15 til 2.16 for hours now. I'm using a U2MIDI v2 USB to MIDI interface, I've tried both from a Vista computer and a Mac - both times using Fractal-Bot.

The problem is this - each time the MFC hangs at some random %, the highest I've got so far is around 50%. No error msg from Fractal Bot, which continues to 100% and thinks everything is fine. When I reboot the MFC it displays "Error 14".

I have tried reducing MIDI buffer delay from 150 ms all the way to 0 in 10 ms increments, and I have tried increasing it in 10 ms increments to 500. No joy.

I am using the MFC's own pwr supply, and the Axe FX is (of course) disconnected from the MFC.

Any tips would be highly appreciated! :grey:

Last edited:
I'd eliminate the external USB/MIDI adapter from the equation and use a standard MIDI cable from the AxeFX -> MFC and go from there....be sure to read the instructions/release notes.

Thanks, I'll try that - have to wait until monday though - I don't have a standard MIDI cable, bought this USB/MIDI adapter to make the update easy....

Ok, so I borrowed a MIDI cable and tried to update through the AxeFx - no joy. Getting desperate here - is there anyway I can restore it to FW 2.15?

I´ve tried through Fractal-Bot from both PC and Mac, Midi OS from PC, Librarian from MAC - all with a variety of buffer and transfer speed settings. Through the AxeFX and direct with the USB-MIDI interface. :miserable:

I had a similar problem but adjusting the midi buffer in fractal bot to 200ms did the trick. ( mac osx to studiolive midi out to the mfc). Make sure it's powered via AC adaptor and no other connections like expression pedals

I would stick with using the Axe Midi out with the power supply. I wouldn't trust other hardware. I used Fractal Bot version 1.1. Did you make sure that you set all the proper settings in the Axe as instructed in Fractal Bot? Send All Sysex and USB Adapter Mode? I don't recall which way they are suppose to be set. I would also use the shortest 5 pin Midi cable that will reach. Make sure no expression pedals connected (as you did).

I find the MFC is tricky to update. I don't know why. I had a couple of errors but it eventually went at the default settings in Fractal Bot.

I wanted to add that I have used Bome's SendSX before with success PC only. You can try it out. It's been a very easy program for me to use.

First try with SendSx; the MFC froze at 26%... What delay setting did u use?

I just use the default I think its 313 bytes/second. It's set all the way to the left "slow".

I just noticed an option to "enable active sensing". I don't know what it does, but it might be worth a try. Otherwise, I'd try a new midi cable? I'm at a loss and feel for you. It's very frustrating to have these issues.

I'd eliminate the external USB/MIDI adapter from the equation and use a standard MIDI cable from the AxeFX -> MFC and go from there....be sure to read the instructions/release notes.

that's actually more difficult and prone to more problems :)

i haven't tried the MFC update yet. i just got a gig cancelled (after showing up on site no less!) so i'll try now with Fractal Bot. hopefully no problems!

I just use the default I think its 313 bytes/second. It's set all the way to the left "slow".

I just noticed an option to "enable active sensing". I don't know what it does, but it might be worth a try. Otherwise, I'd try a new midi cable? I'm at a loss and feel for you. It's very frustrating to have these issues.

Ok - I see now that we have used to different versions of the SendSX - I used 1.22 where you can adjust buffer delay but not "Speed of Sending". I tried 1.30 now, but get Error 6 every time...

Ok - I see now that we have used to different versions of the SendSX - I used 1.22 where you can adjust buffer delay but not "Speed of Sending". I tried 1.30 now, but get Error 6 every time...

We were posting at the same time. What a bummer. Sorry I can't help more.

Back
Top Bottom